n (pl -toes)
- 1.1 [Culin] [Agr] tomate (m), jitomate (m) (Méx) plum tomato tomate (m) (de) pera (before n) tomato juice jugo (m) or (esp Esp) zumo (m) de tomate tomato ketchup ketchup (m) tomato paste o puree extracto (m) or concentrado (m) de tomate, pomarola® (f) (Chi) , pomidoro (m) (Ur) tomato sauce/soup salsa (f)/sopa (f) de tomate or (Méx) de jitomateMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2tomato (plant) tomatera (f), tomate (m), jitomate (m) (Méx)
- I make salad with avocados, tomato, lettuce and spring onions, with an olive oil and red wine dressing.
- Lycopene is one of the pigments that colour tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables red, orange or yellow.
- So now I'm having a bet each way, with a warm salad of aubergine, tomato and mozzarella.
- They discussed some tips for planting summer crops like tomatoes and capsicums.
- I personally think if you can only grow two plants it should be a pot of tomatoes and a pot of basil.
- In the garden at the back my aunt grew tomatoes, greens and lettuces.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.