Translation of tomato in Spanish:
noun plural -toes
- 1 (Cookery, Agriculture) plum tomato (before noun) tomato juicejugo (masculine) or (especially Spain) zumo (masculine) de tomatetomato paste o pureeextracto (masculine) or concentrado (masculine) de tomatetomato sauce/soup
pomarola® (feminine) (Chile)
pomidoro (masculine) (Uruguay)salsa (feminine) /sopa (feminine) de tomate or (Mexico) de jitomateExample sentences
- I make salad with avocados, tomato, lettuce and spring onions, with an olive oil and red wine dressing.
- Lycopene is one of the pigments that colour tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables red, orange or yellow.
- So now I'm having a bet each way, with a warm salad of aubergine, tomato and mozzarella.
- They discussed some tips for planting summer crops like tomatoes and capsicums.
- I personally think if you can only grow two plants it should be a pot of tomatoes and a pot of basil.
- In the garden at the back my aunt grew tomatoes, greens and lettuces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.