Translation of tomato in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -toes)
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] [Agric] tomate (masculine), jitomate (masculine) (Mexico/México) plum tomato tomate (masculine) (de) pera (before noun/delante del nombre) tomato juice jugo (masculine) or (especially Spain/especialmente España) zumo (masculine) de tomate tomato paste o puree extracto (masculine) or concentrado (masculine) de tomate, pomarola® (feminine) (Chile) , pomidoro (masculine) (Urug) tomato sauce/soup salsa (feminine)/sopa (feminine) de tomate or (Mexico/México) de jitomateExample sentences
Example sentences1.2tomato (plant) tomatera (feminine), tomate (masculine), jitomate (masculine) (Mexico/México)
- I make salad with avocados, tomato, lettuce and spring onions, with an olive oil and red wine dressing.
- Lycopene is one of the pigments that colour tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables red, orange or yellow.
- So now I'm having a bet each way, with a warm salad of aubergine, tomato and mozzarella.
- They discussed some tips for planting summer crops like tomatoes and capsicums.
- I personally think if you can only grow two plants it should be a pot of tomatoes and a pot of basil.
- In the garden at the back my aunt grew tomatoes, greens and lettuces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to