Translation of tonality in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)u and c
- [Art/Arte] [Music/Música] tonalidad (feminine)Example sentences
- In music, melody and tonality became old-fashioned, and the twelve tone row and atonality reigned supreme in ‘serious’ composition.
- After all, you have tonality in modal music; you have tonality in folk music that has nothing to do with the triadic system.
- A similar sensitivity to tonality permeates his music today.
- The Adagio section has some lush, fluorescent sounds, in which Schoenberg flirts with major tonalities and then destroys them.
- While some tonalities require the use of black keys, no key signatures are employed.
- At the very end of the piece, in a very contemporary strategy, the perfect fourth yields to a tritone, C-#, thereby obscuring an unambiguous closure in an enriched tonality of D major.
- Bartok was a radical, even in the early piano music he was experimenting with conventional harmonies and tonality.
- This 35-minute symphony in one movement could hardly be more serious, and it finds the composer embracing tonality and convention in a manner that would have been unthinkable to him twenty years earlier.
- This is one of those few works in which Rodrigo chose to set aside conventional tonality; the results are not difficult for the average listener to enjoy, however.
- Its semi-finished state and near monochrome, cold blue tonality indicate that it is a surviving design for the relief.
- On the other hand, if large amounts of well-preserved authentic paint are obscured, it is usually worthwhile revealing them and regaining the tonality of the original colours.
- The larger canvases in the series ‘The Sky is Crying’ are predominantly dark in tonality.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.