- [Naut] tonelaje (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Before 1836 the registered tonnage of sailing ships was a notional figure calculated by a formula based on the length, breadth and depth of the hold.
- Prior to this only ships of low tonnage and shallow draught had been able to cross the sand bar at the entrance to the bay.
- The naval aviation managed to sink 19 ships and vessels, including the Pelagos, a tanker whose tonnage exceeded 12,000 grt, which made it the biggest ship sunk in the Polar Regions.
- Singapore port is set to retain its position as the world's busiest port in terms of shipping tonnage for the 14th year running.
- Singapore has been the world's top port in terms of shipping tonnage in the past decade or more.
- The total tonnage handled by the 13 minor ports came to just 100,000 last year, whereas Kochi handled 12.8 million tonnes.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.