noun/nombreu and c
- [Nautical/Náutica] tonelaje (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Before 1836 the registered tonnage of sailing ships was a notional figure calculated by a formula based on the length, breadth and depth of the hold.
- Prior to this only ships of low tonnage and shallow draught had been able to cross the sand bar at the entrance to the bay.
- The naval aviation managed to sink 19 ships and vessels, including the Pelagos, a tanker whose tonnage exceeded 12,000 grt, which made it the biggest ship sunk in the Polar Regions.
- Singapore port is set to retain its position as the world's busiest port in terms of shipping tonnage for the 14th year running.
- Singapore has been the world's top port in terms of shipping tonnage in the past decade or more.
- The total tonnage handled by the 13 minor ports came to just 100,000 last year, whereas Kochi handled 12.8 million tonnes.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.