Translation of tonnage in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- [Nautical/Náutica] tonelaje (masculine)Example sentences
- Before 1836 the registered tonnage of sailing ships was a notional figure calculated by a formula based on the length, breadth and depth of the hold.
- Prior to this only ships of low tonnage and shallow draught had been able to cross the sand bar at the entrance to the bay.
- The naval aviation managed to sink 19 ships and vessels, including the Pelagos, a tanker whose tonnage exceeded 12,000 grt, which made it the biggest ship sunk in the Polar Regions.
- Singapore port is set to retain its position as the world's busiest port in terms of shipping tonnage for the 14th year running.
- Singapore has been the world's top port in terms of shipping tonnage in the past decade or more.
- The total tonnage handled by the 13 minor ports came to just 100,000 last year, whereas Kochi handled 12.8 million tonnes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.