Translation of tool in Spanish:
- 1.1 (instrument)(workman's etc)garden toolsthey are the tools of his tradeherramientas (feminine plural) or utensilios (masculine plural) de jardineríathe use of unemployment as a political toolson sus herramientas de trabajoto down tools (British English)el uso del desempleo como instrumento políticoExample sentences1.2 (penis) [slang]
- There will be exhibitors offering garden furniture, pots, wickerwork, gardening tools and implements old and new, wrought ironwork and various craft stalls.
- The divers teamed up in groups of two or three, and each group carried with them cutting tools and lift bags.
- Implements, tools, and equipment should be cleaned of soil and root debris before moving them to non-infested fields.
- 1.1 (shape) 1.2 (decorate)Example sentences
- It's really a beautiful little piece of work, bound in leather that's been tooled with a lovely design of roses and vines.
- Houdini's diaries took up an entire shelf - about a dozen volumes, each boxed in an expensive leather slipcase, gold tooled - a treasure surely worth a few hundred thousand dollars.
- Franklin has tooled the design himself: a rectangle within a rectangle within a rectangle of gold, the inner and the middle joined at the corners with floral rolls.
- Long gone are the tooled finishes from hand-held chisels that could render differences in texture across the face of a stone block, or from one stone to the next.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the