Translation of torpedo in Spanish:
noun plural -does
- 1 (Military)Example sentences
- All aircraft dropped their bombs or torpedoes over the target, but on the return leg Beaufort A9-217 lost contact with the rest of the squadron and failed to return.
- Two torpedo tubes are designed for firing remote-controlled torpedoes with a very high accuracy.
- The ADF currently uses Mk46 Mod 1 Phase 11 and Mk 46 Mod 5a torpedoes from ships and aircraft.
transitive verb -does, -doing, -doed
tirar abajoExample sentences
- Unfortunately, the ship was torpedoed while still in the Baltic Sea and sank.
- As for battle, ‘I was in the water twice,’ he would sometimes say, meaning that two of the ships he'd been on had been torpedoed or bombed and sunk.
- The ship was torpedoed at about 0530 hours on September 12.
- There are a myriad of reasons why Congress may torpedo this plan.
- Fears over traffic congestion could torpedo plans to make a Selby transport depot the hub of a nationwide distribution network.
- It also adds to the anger following last year's Government decision to torpedo plans for a massive marina, following a public inquiry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.