Translation of torpedo in Spanish:
noun plural -does
- 1 (Military)Example sentences
- All aircraft dropped their bombs or torpedoes over the target, but on the return leg Beaufort A9-217 lost contact with the rest of the squadron and failed to return.
- Two torpedo tubes are designed for firing remote-controlled torpedoes with a very high accuracy.
- The ADF currently uses Mk46 Mod 1 Phase 11 and Mk 46 Mod 5a torpedoes from ships and aircraft.
transitive verb -does, -doing, -doed
- (ship/submarine)(plan)tirar abajoExample sentences
- Unfortunately, the ship was torpedoed while still in the Baltic Sea and sank.
- As for battle, ‘I was in the water twice,’ he would sometimes say, meaning that two of the ships he'd been on had been torpedoed or bombed and sunk.
- The ship was torpedoed at about 0530 hours on September 12.
- There are a myriad of reasons why Congress may torpedo this plan.
- Fears over traffic congestion could torpedo plans to make a Selby transport depot the hub of a nationwide distribution network.
- It also adds to the anger following last year's Government decision to torpedo plans for a massive marina, following a public inquiry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to