Translation of torrent in Spanish:
- the water poured out in torrentsel agua salía a torrentesa torrent of abuse/criticismun torrente de insultos/críticasExample sentences
- Artemis kept the torrent of water streaming towards the animal but it did no good in slowing it down.
- People talked about hundreds of folks running in terror through the streets trying to escape the raging torrents of waters.
- Solicitor Paul Cowper and his family endured a gruelling seven hours trapped on a balcony, surrounded by torrents of raging water in Sri Lanka.
- He's a very bright young man whose ideas come spilling out of him - on paper or on the phone - in a torrent of words.
- Malcolm heard a torrent of foreign words as the girl tried to calm the child, then a bustle as she laid him down.
- It points, like an arrow, to the one word that stops her from hurling a torrent of abuse at him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.