Translation of torrent in Spanish:
- the water poured out in torrentsa torrent of abuse/criticismel agua salía a torrentesun torrente de insultos/críticasExample sentences
- Artemis kept the torrent of water streaming towards the animal but it did no good in slowing it down.
- People talked about hundreds of folks running in terror through the streets trying to escape the raging torrents of waters.
- Solicitor Paul Cowper and his family endured a gruelling seven hours trapped on a balcony, surrounded by torrents of raging water in Sri Lanka.
- He's a very bright young man whose ideas come spilling out of him - on paper or on the phone - in a torrent of words.
- Malcolm heard a torrent of foreign words as the girl tried to calm the child, then a bustle as she laid him down.
- It points, like an arrow, to the one word that stops her from hurling a torrent of abuse at him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than