noun/nombre (plural -ruses)
- 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] toro (masculine)More example sentences1.2 [Architecture/Arquitectura] toro (masculine), bocel (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 [Botany/Botánica] receptáculo (masculine)
- To be rigorous, the hole is not actually in the torus: the torus is the surface and the hole is in the space around the surface.
- A small patch of a sphere or torus surface looks almost like a piece of a flat plane and has area rather than volume.
- ‘In other words, each solution could be drawn on the surface of a torus,’ he notes.
- One stand has a torus molding with red-painted triglyph and metopal sections, while a lower register has alternating black and white sections.
- A long cylindrical bar of orange-painted steel evokes a tori (temple gate) and serves as a balustrade.
- The gadrooned flattened torus moulding, shown on the shelf or footrest of the stand in the engraving also appears on the stretchers of the Blenheim stands.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to