Translation of torus in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ruses)
- 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] toro (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Architecture/Arquitectura] toro (masculine), bocel (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 [Botany/Botánica] receptáculo (masculine)
- To be rigorous, the hole is not actually in the torus: the torus is the surface and the hole is in the space around the surface.
- A small patch of a sphere or torus surface looks almost like a piece of a flat plane and has area rather than volume.
- ‘In other words, each solution could be drawn on the surface of a torus,’ he notes.
- One stand has a torus molding with red-painted triglyph and metopal sections, while a lower register has alternating black and white sections.
- A long cylindrical bar of orange-painted steel evokes a tori (temple gate) and serves as a balustrade.
- The gadrooned flattened torus moulding, shown on the shelf or footrest of the stand in the engraving also appears on the stretchers of the Blenheim stands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.