n (pl -ruses)
- 1.1 [Math] toro (m)More example sentences1.2 [Archit] toro (m), bocel (m)
More example sentences1.3 [Bot] receptáculo (m)
- To be rigorous, the hole is not actually in the torus: the torus is the surface and the hole is in the space around the surface.
- A small patch of a sphere or torus surface looks almost like a piece of a flat plane and has area rather than volume.
- ‘In other words, each solution could be drawn on the surface of a torus,’ he notes.
- One stand has a torus molding with red-painted triglyph and metopal sections, while a lower register has alternating black and white sections.
- A long cylindrical bar of orange-painted steel evokes a tori (temple gate) and serves as a balustrade.
- The gadrooned flattened torus moulding, shown on the shelf or footrest of the stand in the engraving also appears on the stretchers of the Blenheim stands.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)