Translation of torus in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ruses)
- 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] toro (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Architecture/Arquitectura] toro (masculine), bocel (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 [Botany/Botánica] receptáculo (masculine)
- To be rigorous, the hole is not actually in the torus: the torus is the surface and the hole is in the space around the surface.
- A small patch of a sphere or torus surface looks almost like a piece of a flat plane and has area rather than volume.
- ‘In other words, each solution could be drawn on the surface of a torus,’ he notes.
- One stand has a torus molding with red-painted triglyph and metopal sections, while a lower register has alternating black and white sections.
- A long cylindrical bar of orange-painted steel evokes a tori (temple gate) and serves as a balustrade.
- The gadrooned flattened torus moulding, shown on the shelf or footrest of the stand in the engraving also appears on the stretchers of the Blenheim stands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the