Translation of toughen in Spanish:
- 1 (strengthen)(muscles)
hacer más fuerte or resistenteExample sentences
- Most of the foals we saw here will be taken to Bazy's Hat Ranch in northern Arizona to be turned out on large acreage where they can toughen up and develop strong bones and feet.
- Because of its low fat content, goat meat will lose moisture and can toughen quickly if exposed to high temperatures and dry cooking methods.
- Best practice would be to fit five point door bolts, make sure any glass in doors is toughened to make it harder to smash, fit security lighting and lock away any garden equipment that could be used to break into a property.
- 2 (person) (make physically resilient)hacer más fuerte(make emotionally resilient) hacer más fuerte
- 3 (make more uncompromising)(stance/approach)
volver más firmeExample sentences
- Some 80% of voters had rejected a second proposal by an anti-abortion coalition to toughen the rules on abortion, the survey said.
- It has lobbied against proposals to toughen the law on cold calling and doorstep selling.
- He could also pressure the state's congressional delegation to toughen the federal law.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.