Translation of toughie in Spanish:
- 1.1 (difficult problem, question) the exam was a real toughieel examen fue dificilísimowill he win? — hmm, that's a toughie¿ganará? — ¡vaya preguntita!1.2 (person)matoncito (masculine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- When the going gets tough, you toughies really do get up - so make the extra effort this week to help others not fortunate enough to have been born Capricorns with some of your true grit, fortitude and soul support.
- The toughies she encountered during her teaching career knew exactly where they stood with her and respected her for it.
- College students are held in low esteem, thanks to commercial movies that regularly feature youth as toughies amid free-flowing booze, drugs, and gals.
- But some students cracked real toughies, too, without batting an eyelid.
- That's a toughie, because there's no way to get around it - if they're fat-free, the cookies aren't so great, and you end up eating more.
- That's a toughie, because they sometimes want detail.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.