- 1.1 [Leisure/Ocio] (by bus, car) viaje (m), gira (f); (of castle, museum) visita (f); (of town) visita (f) turística, recorrido (m) turístico a walking/cycling tour of o around Ireland un viaje por Irlanda a pie/en bicicleta they went on a tour of o around Europe se fueron de gira or de viaje por Europa, se fueron a recorrer Europa to do a world tour hacer* un viaje or una gira alrededor del mundo conducted tour visita (feminine) guiada or con guía he gave us a tour of the house nos mostró or (especially Spain/especialmente España) nos enseñó la casa guided tour (of castle, museum) visita (f) guiada or con guía (of area, country) excursión (f) (organizada), tour (m), viaje (m) organizado (before noun/delante del nombre) tour director (American English/inglés norteamericano) guía (masculine and feminine) turístico, tour guide guía (masculine and feminine) de turismo or (Mexico/México) de turistas tour operator (travel agency) tour operador (m), operador (m) turísticoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (official visit) the presidential tour to Latin America la gira or el viaje del presidente por América Latina the Queen made a tour of the hospital la Reina visitó el hospital tour of inspection visita (f) or recorrido (m) de inspección 1.3 [Music/Música] [Sport/Deporte] [Theater/Teatro] gira (f), tournée (f) to be/go on tour [play/orchestra/team] estar*/ir* de gira to take a show/an orchestra on tour hacer* una gira con un espectáculo/una orquesta
- As of yesterday, 72 groups totaling 1,024 Chinese nationals have visited Taiwan for sightseeing tours.
- And that is why boat rides are an important part of the sight-seeing tours offered by many tour operators here.
- He estimates the vehicle has gone about a million miles on nine tours and three different motors.
More example sentences
- Eventually curiosity got the better of her and she hopped out for a very short tour of inspection, only to hasten back inside, leaving nothing but a few paw prints in the falling snow.
- That venture, along with limited guided tours and day trips for schoolchildren, proved hugely popular and 2,500 people have visited the centre per week.
- After a short tour of the ruins of the Cistercian Abbey, founded in 1132, he saw one of Europe's oldest surviving monastic mills.
More example sentences1.4 [Military/Militar] tour of duty período (masculine) de servicio he's serving a tour in Cyprus está destinado en Chipre
- This is the standard defence often used in trying to excuse otherwise often outrageous behaviour by sporting teams on tour or on pre season or post season trips.
- On tour, performers say, they receive top-notch medical care and physical conditioning support.
- Why postpone it merely because the National team is on tour.
More example sentences1.5 (American English/inglés norteamericano) (in golf, tennis) the tour la temporada
- There is Annika Sorenstam here, the number one on the ladies' professional golf tour, the LPGA.
- Landlord Oliver Cleary is expecting a dip in takings when 10 of his regulars jet off for their annual golf tour to Portugal next month.
- Woods has chased titles and money with equal vigour since he broke onto the professional golf tour in 1996.
- The military has repeatedly extended tours of duty for US soldiers and placed enormous strains on the Army Reserve and Army National Guard.
- Furthermore, they also acquired sufficient skills through practical experience as part of their tours of duty in line units that were included in the course of studies.
- New arrivals in-processed in Japan as others enjoyed rest and relaxation leave, or prepared to rotate home after completing their tours of duty.
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.
- 1.1 [Leisure/Ocio] [country/area] recorrer, viajar por we're touring France this summer este verano vamos a recorrer Francia or a viajar por Francia we toured the city by bus recorrimos la ciudad en autobúsMore example sentences1.2 (visit officially) [factory/hospital] visitar 1.3 [Music/Música] [Sport/Deporte] [Theater/Teatro] the team will tour Australia next year el equipo irá de gira or hará una gira por Australia el año que viene the play is touring the provinces están de gira or están haciendo una gira por las provincias con la obra
More example sentences
- He last visited the island in November to tour earthquake-stricken areas in central Taiwan.
- When I did my own tour of the boros today, I tried to imagine how exactly a president tours a disaster area.
- The new Queen spent much of February touring the stricken areas to try to boost morale.
- Young Hamlet is the latest touring professional production to be staged at Glusburn Institute.
- He dropped out of high school in 1960 to dance in a European touring production of West Side Story.
- UK readers will be able to make up their own minds next year when the company tours the production to London, Scotland and the regions.
- 1 [Leisure/Ocio] (by bus, car) viajar last year we went touring in Spain el año pasado hicimos un viaje por España