- 1.1 [building/tree] altísimo; [mountain] elevado, imponenteMore example sentences1.2 [rage/anger] muy grande or intenso
More example sentences1.3 [achievement/genius] destacado, sobresaliente
- A stunned gaze caught sight of that old wreck of a home, seeing the outline of the tall and towering buildings just at the western horizon.
- He was surrounded by tall skyscrapers, their towering heights lost in the inky blackness of a night sky.
- The South mill complex, with its towering 225 ft tall chimney, is empty and has fallen derelict while one grandiose scheme after another hit the dust.
More example sentences
- In that film, a towering epic of stupidity, the astronauts confront a bunch of super-lame CGI aliens who hold hands and cry.
- It positively thunders from the speakers, rising to a towering, epic crescendo of hissing guitar and soaring choruses.
- Two very different comedians, two towering influences the impish Carson and the caustic Pryor, passed away in 2005.
- Willie Ryan in the Portarlington back-line was a towering influence and had a great game.
- The world's largest economy has always been a towering influence over the direction of world stock markets.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.