- 1.1 [building/tree] altísimo; [mountain] elevado, imponenteMore example sentences1.2 [rage/anger] muy grande or intenso
More example sentences1.3 [achievement/genius] destacado, sobresaliente
- A stunned gaze caught sight of that old wreck of a home, seeing the outline of the tall and towering buildings just at the western horizon.
- He was surrounded by tall skyscrapers, their towering heights lost in the inky blackness of a night sky.
- The South mill complex, with its towering 225 ft tall chimney, is empty and has fallen derelict while one grandiose scheme after another hit the dust.
More example sentences
- In that film, a towering epic of stupidity, the astronauts confront a bunch of super-lame CGI aliens who hold hands and cry.
- It positively thunders from the speakers, rising to a towering, epic crescendo of hissing guitar and soaring choruses.
- Two very different comedians, two towering influences the impish Carson and the caustic Pryor, passed away in 2005.
- Willie Ryan in the Portarlington back-line was a towering influence and had a great game.
- The world's largest economy has always been a towering influence over the direction of world stock markets.
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...