Translation of towering in Spanish:
adjective before noun
- A stunned gaze caught sight of that old wreck of a home, seeing the outline of the tall and towering buildings just at the western horizon.
- He was surrounded by tall skyscrapers, their towering heights lost in the inky blackness of a night sky.
- The South mill complex, with its towering 225 ft tall chimney, is empty and has fallen derelict while one grandiose scheme after another hit the dust.
muy grande or intensoExample sentences
- In that film, a towering epic of stupidity, the astronauts confront a bunch of super-lame CGI aliens who hold hands and cry.
- It positively thunders from the speakers, rising to a towering, epic crescendo of hissing guitar and soaring choruses.
- 3Example sentences
- Two very different comedians, two towering influences the impish Carson and the caustic Pryor, passed away in 2005.
- Willie Ryan in the Portarlington back-line was a towering influence and had a great game.
- The world's largest economy has always been a towering influence over the direction of world stock markets.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.