Translation of town in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable(in general) ciudad (feminine)to go into town(from outside) ir a la ciudad(from suburb) ir al centroin town(not outside) en la ciudad(in center) en el centroit's the best hotel in townes el mejor hotel de la ciudadhe's the biggest liar in townes de lo más mentirosoI've lived all my life in townssiempre he vivido en ciudad(es)they live out of townviven en las afuerasshe's out of town at the momentestá de viaje en este momentoan out-of-town personuna persona de fuerathe next day the news was all over townal día siguiente lo sabía la ciudad enterato go out on the town, to have a night on the townir or salir de juergato go to town on somethingtirar la casa por la ventanato paint the town red
no reparar en gastosirse de juerga(before noun) (dweller/life)
de la ciudad
- In Namibia reckless individuals occupy erven in residential areas in cities, towns and villages to conduct their unwanted business.
- They were organized around an exporting economy, and as a result, the major cities dwarfed other towns within the tributary area.
- In areas where peasants normally congregated, villages became towns and towns became cities.
- 2 uncountable or countable (inhabitants) the whole town knows about itlo sabe toda la ciudad or todo el mundotown and gownlos habitantes de la ciudad y el ambiente universitariothe antagonism between town and gownel antagonismo entre los habitantes de la ciudad y el ambiente universitarioExample sentences
- Central Vision has taken this further with its detailed submission as to how a campus at York Central would be good for town and gown.
- No longer are rivalries between town and gown manifested in destruction, riot and murder.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.