Translation of township in Spanish:
- 1 (in US) 1.1 (Politics)Example sentences1.2 (in surveys)
distrito (masculine) municipalExample sentences
- North and South Fayette townships in Allegheny County posted population gains of 28 percent and 19 percent, respectively.
- Since then, many counties and townships have switched to an electronic system eager to prevent future problems.
- The generally accepted figure for our total tax load from townships, counties, states and the federals is 33 percent of GDP.
- Elsewhere the pattern reflects the rectilinear network of roads, which in turn derives from the early surveys of the territory based on uniform square townships six miles on a side.
- By the end of the nineteenth century, most of the continent had been squared off into townships, and sections.
- 2 (in South Africa)distrito (masculine) segregadoExample sentences
- The site is close to Khayelitsha, a township of 500,000 black South Africans who suffered under apartheid and still live in poverty, with a 90 per cent unemployment rate.
- Instead, the accounts of life in the black townships of South Africa resonate with his descriptions of Robben Island as a place that intensifies the degradation and violence of apartheid.
- Boxing is a rough trade and South Africa's crime-ridden townships and inner cities are rough places, with widespread poverty and glaring disparities of income.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.