Translation of toxic in Spanish:
- [materials/substance] tóxico; [assets/debt] tóxicoExample sentences
- Some waste materials that are highly poisonous are considered toxic wastes.
- There weren't any chemical factories or toxic waste dumps or traffic, just a few goats and olive trees.
- And yet it's a fine balance, because Vitamin A is also known to be a highly toxic chemical for the foetus.
- So a lot of people at risk here with these toxic loans which are really bad deals for consumers.
- That's slowing him down as he races to clean up the toxic assets infecting the nation's top banks.
- Who better to manage the "toxic assets" of a failed bank than professional bond fund managers?
- These were designed to take away the uncertainty in interbank lending, the uncertainty whose cause was the existence of toxic assets on each others ' balance sheets.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.