- 1 (of land, sea)Example sentences
- Deforestation along the East Coast also opened up large tracts of land filled with small prey, making the area even more inviting.
- It was obviously using rolling stock left over from before unification and went through some very depressed areas with large tracts of unused land and derelict buildings.
- The Dawes Act not only severely restricted communal lands and traditional cultural patterns, it opened up huge tracts of native lands to white settlement and exploitation.
- 2 (Anatomy) the urinary tractel tracto urinarioExample sentences
- The degree of elongation in the gastrointestinal tract varies from one region to another.
- The focus was mostly on Crohn's disease, which can affect any region of the gastrointestinal tract, although the ileum and colon are the sites most frequently involved.
- Contrast medium appears opaque on X-ray film, providing a clear outline of structures such as your digestive tract or blood vessels.
- (short treatise) tratado (masculine) breve(pamphlet) folleto (masculine)Example sentences
- I think we all have come across religious tracts in our lives - little pamphlets that are often handed out by evangelists on street corners, that we in turn throw away.
- He was a prolific writer of both religious tracts and scientific treatises, and many times he combined the two.
- Many people read nothing but newspapers, others religious tracts and books but in the end, such people cultivate a limited range of vocabulary.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.