Translation of traction in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Mech, Medicine)Example sentences
- Loss of animal traction resulted in decreased production intensity, as did loss of labor power through migration, conscription, and death.
- Most Romano-British farmsteads were mixed, dependent on animals for manure, traction, dairy products, wool, hides, and meat.
- To facilitate animal traction, migrants cut down big trees, cleared bamboo bushes, and uprooted stumps.
Example sentences1.2 (grip)
- Mourning in anticipation, 71 railway enthusiasts took steam's eclipse by diesel and electric traction to be history's greatest betrayal.
- Pictures, diagrams, tables and models are used to explain the evolution of engines from steam through diesel to electric traction.
- It made little difference whether the rolling stock in question was for high or low-speed operation or whether it was made use of diesel or electric traction.
Example sentences1.3 (popularity)this technology would rapidly gain traction
- Dancers now jump higher, pirouette more times - more than the naked eye can count - and spend hours in traction to stretch their limbs and torsos a centimetre or two more.
- The new Hodgen splint held a limb in traction while a wound was dressed, a critical innovation on the battlefield.
- The procedure still requires a major surgery to insert the pins and rods to hold the bones in traction.
esta tecnología ganaría terreno rápidamentethe film got little tractionla película atrajo poco público
- On a simple two-wheel drive car, traction control selects the wheel with the most grip in a loss-of-grip situation and gives it more power.
- Also standard are dual-stage driver and front-passenger airbags and traction control.
- Alloy wheels, traction control and a cassette player come as standard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.