- (British English) trade-weighted indexíndice (masculine) ponderado según la balanza comercialExample sentences
- After the financial crisis, the trade-weighted exchange rate was allowed to fluctuate within a wide range.
- And the dollar is still off by only 15% from its peak three years ago, according to the Federal Reserve's trade-weighted, inflation-adjusted index.
- Against a Federal Reserve trade-weighted index of the currencies of major trading partners, adjusted for inflation, it has fallen 24% from its most recent peak three years ago.
Definition of trade-weighted in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.