Translation of traffic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (vehicles) traffic controlcontrol (masculine) del tráfico or tránsitotraffic controller traffic densitydensidad (feminine) de tráfico or tránsitotraffic diversion traffic dutyobligación (feminine) de vigilar el tráficoto be on traffic dutyestar encargado de la vigilancia del tráfico or tránsitotraffic hold-up traffic lanecarril (masculine) or (River Plate area) senda (feminine) or (Chile) pista de tráficotraffic light(s) traffic report (Radio, Television)información (feminine) sobre el (estado del) tráficotraffic signal(s) 1.2 (of ships) sea/river traffictráfico marítimo/fluvial1.3 (of aircraft)Example sentences
- He also stated that the lane was inadequate width, thus preventing two-way vehicular traffic and pedestrian movement.
- Any major disruption to shipping and air traffic can and will leave us without a supply of food.
- There is no central verge, though pedestrian and vehicular traffic are heavy especially during evenings.
- 2 2.1 (goods, people transported) 2.2 (pedestrians)(American English)2.3 (paying customers)
tránsito (masculine) de peatones(American English)
clientela (feminine)Example sentences
- They also agreed to encourage an increase in railway passenger traffic between Sofia and Thessaloniki.
- After the First World War, passenger numbers declined, as road transport improved but freight traffic remained buoyant.
- He gave evidence of the transfer of passenger and mail traffic to the railway route through Liverpool.
- 3 (trafficking) drug traffictráfico de drogasthe traffic in pornography
narcotráfico (masculine)el tráfico de material pornográficoExample sentences
- Drug-dealers earn nigh-on incredible sums from the illegal traffic in drugs.
- The traffic in illegal drugs is a global problem, and money-laundering schemes take many forms.
- And those pressures create a lucrative traffic in illegal workers, filling the war chests of criminals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.