- 1 1.1 (vehicles) tráfico (masculine), circulación (feminine), tránsito (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) traffic control control (masculine) del tráfico or tránsito traffic controller controlador (masculine), (feminine) del tráfico or tránsito traffic density densidad (feminine) de tráfico or tránsito traffic diversion desvío (masculine), desviación (feminine) traffic duty obligación (feminine) de vigilar el tráfico to be on traffic duty estar* encargado de la vigilancia del tráfico or tránsito traffic hold-up atasco (masculine) traffic lane carril (masculine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) senda (feminine) or (Chile) pista de tráfico traffic light(s) semáforo (masculine) traffic report [Radio] [Television/Televisión] información (feminine) sobre el (estado del) tráfico traffic signal(s) semáforo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (of ships) tráfico (masculine) sea/river traffic tráfico marítimo/fluvial 1.3 (of aircraft) tráfico (masculine) aéreo
More example sentences
- On that night we had reports across the city of burglaries, car crime, public order incidents, domestic violence, road traffic accidents.
- The bill will also restrict the powers of telecommunications companies to disrupt traffic flow by opening roads for cable laying.
- The usual emergencies such as fires or road traffic accidents will not elicit a response from these vehicles, even with the crews and fire engines on station.
- He also stated that the lane was inadequate width, thus preventing two-way vehicular traffic and pedestrian movement.
- Any major disruption to shipping and air traffic can and will leave us without a supply of food.
- There is no central verge, though pedestrian and vehicular traffic are heavy especially during evenings.
- 2 2.1 (goods, people transported) tránsito (masculine), movimiento (masculine) 2.2 (pedestrians) (American English/inglés norteamericano) tránsito (masculine) de peatones 2.3 (paying customers) (American English/inglés norteamericano) clientela (feminine)More example sentences
- They also agreed to encourage an increase in railway passenger traffic between Sofia and Thessaloniki.
- After the First World War, passenger numbers declined, as road transport improved but freight traffic remained buoyant.
- He gave evidence of the transfer of passenger and mail traffic to the railway route through Liverpool.
- 3 (trafficking) tráfico (masculine) drug traffic tráfico de drogas, narcotráfico (masculine) the traffic in pornography el tráfico de material pornográficoMore example sentences
- Drug-dealers earn nigh-on incredible sums from the illegal traffic in drugs.
- The traffic in illegal drugs is a global problem, and money-laundering schemes take many forms.
- And those pressures create a lucrative traffic in illegal workers, filling the war chests of criminals.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.