Translation of traffic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (vehicles) traffic controlcontrol (masculine) del tráfico or tránsitotraffic controllercontrolador (masculine) del tráfico or tránsitotraffic density
controladora (feminine) del tráfico or tránsitodensidad (feminine) de tráfico or tránsitotraffic diversion traffic dutyobligación (feminine) de vigilar el tráficoto be on traffic dutyestar encargado de la vigilancia del tráfico or tránsitotraffic hold-up traffic lanecarril (masculine) de tráficotraffic light(s) traffic report (Radio, Television)
(River Plate area) senda (feminine) de tráfico
(Chile) pista de tráficoinformación (feminine) sobre el (estado del) tráficotraffic signal(s)Example sentences1.2 (of ships) sea/river traffic
tráfico marítimo/fluvialExample sentences1.3 (of aircraft)
- On that night we had reports across the city of burglaries, car crime, public order incidents, domestic violence, road traffic accidents.
- The bill will also restrict the powers of telecommunications companies to disrupt traffic flow by opening roads for cable laying.
- The usual emergencies such as fires or road traffic accidents will not elicit a response from these vehicles, even with the crews and fire engines on station.
- He also stated that the lane was inadequate width, thus preventing two-way vehicular traffic and pedestrian movement.
- Any major disruption to shipping and air traffic can and will leave us without a supply of food.
- There is no central verge, though pedestrian and vehicular traffic are heavy especially during evenings.
- 2 2.1 (goods, people transported)Example sentences2.2 (pedestrians) (American English)
tránsito (masculine) de peatones2.3 (paying customers) (American English)
- They also agreed to encourage an increase in railway passenger traffic between Sofia and Thessaloniki.
- After the First World War, passenger numbers declined, as road transport improved but freight traffic remained buoyant.
- He gave evidence of the transfer of passenger and mail traffic to the railway route through Liverpool.
- 3 (trafficking) drug traffictráfico de drogasthe traffic in pornography
narcotráfico (masculine)el tráfico de material pornográficoExample sentences
- Drug-dealers earn nigh-on incredible sums from the illegal traffic in drugs.
- The traffic in illegal drugs is a global problem, and money-laundering schemes take many forms.
- And those pressures create a lucrative traffic in illegal workers, filling the war chests of criminals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.