Translation of tragedy in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -dies)c and u
- 1.1 [Theater/Teatro] tragedia (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (sad event, situation) tragedia (feminine) it's a tragedy that … es una tragedia que … (followed by subjunctive/seguido por subjuntivo) the tragedy of it (all) is that … lo trágico del caso es que … his life had been full of tragedy había tenido una vida muy trágica
- The Play of King Lear is a great tragic play that many tragedies try to compare to.
- The characters in the tragedies of Sophocles resist all warnings and inescapably meet with disaster.
- Comedies, tragedies, musicals and dramas make this a remarkably diverse theater season.
- The representatives of tragedy and comedy chosen are not Greek but Roman.
- In other words, shifting the format from theatrical tragedy to televisual sitcom.
- In the various sessions, it ran up and down the scales from high drama to epic tragedy, from broad comedy to poignant romance.
- Any road accident that causes a death or serious injury is a tragedy.
- The patients to undergo this new medical procedure have been seriously disfigured by burns, serious accidents or personal tragedies.
- Terrible human tragedies and unimaginable suffering result from fatal accidents in farming each year.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.