Translation of tragedy in Spanish:
noun plural -diescountable or uncountable
- 1 (Theater)Example sentences
- The Play of King Lear is a great tragic play that many tragedies try to compare to.
- The characters in the tragedies of Sophocles resist all warnings and inescapably meet with disaster.
- Comedies, tragedies, musicals and dramas make this a remarkably diverse theater season.
- The representatives of tragedy and comedy chosen are not Greek but Roman.
- In other words, shifting the format from theatrical tragedy to televisual sitcom.
- In the various sessions, it ran up and down the scales from high drama to epic tragedy, from broad comedy to poignant romance.
- 2 (sad event, situation) it's a tragedy that …es una tragedia que … followed by subjunctivethe tragedy of it (all) is that …lo trágico del caso es que …his life had been full of tragedyhabía tenido una vida muy trágicaExample sentences
- Any road accident that causes a death or serious injury is a tragedy.
- The patients to undergo this new medical procedure have been seriously disfigured by burns, serious accidents or personal tragedies.
- Terrible human tragedies and unimaginable suffering result from fatal accidents in farming each year.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.