- 1.1 [Theat] (before n) [role/scene] trágico a tragic actress una actriz dramática or trágica tragic irony ironía (f) trágicaMore example sentences1.2 (sad) [event/life/consequences] trágico; [voice/expression] trágico
More example sentences
- The Play of King Lear is a great tragic play that many tragedies try to compare to.
- Then again, it's a theme of war films to make tragedies all the more tragic, isn't it?
- He was the icon in an era of icons, but like Shakespeare's tragic heroes his fatal flaws cut short a certain glittering career.
- Everyone at the school is extremely shaken and saddened by the tragic accident.
- It was a tragic accident, but accidents happen in demolition all the time.
- Three more people died on local roads in the past week in two tragic accidents
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.