Translation of tram in Spanish:
- 1.1 (British English/inglés británico) [Transport/Transporte] tranvía (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (in mine) vagoneta (feminine)
- Towns and cities considering tram schemes yesterday attacked Government indecision and demanded clear guidelines on what Ministers were prepared to pay for.
- She pointed out that at present it takes only 20 minutes to get to Manchester by train from Rochdale, but would take longer by tram.
- But we're also seeing lots more shoppers using the bus, tram and train as a convenient and welcome way of coming into our town.
- Paddy who was a former miner was delighted with the birthday cake, in the shape of an old tram full of coal.
- We were then issued rubber boots and hard hats and were taken several thousand feet into the mine, where we got off the tram to look at one of the orebodies.
- The tram was built to carry coal from the immediately adjacent coal mine to a row of beehive coking ovens and thence to the smelter furnaces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.