Translation of trample in Spanish:
- 1.1 (stamp on, crush) they trampled the daffodils into the groundpisotearon los narcisosthey were trampled to deathmurieron aplastadosExample sentences1.2 (ignore)
- Conversely, the likelihood of me trampling anyone as I walk down the street is highly unlikely!
- There have been villagers in other parts of Zambia mauled by lions, trampled underfoot by elephants and hippos.
- Last year, 14 pilgrims were trampled to death during the ritual and 35 died in a 2001 stampede.
- 1.1to trample
onsomebody/somethingpolice horses trampled on demonstratorslos caballos de la policía arrollaron or atropellaron a los manifestantesthe newspaper had been trampled on by passers-byel periódico había sido pisoteado por los transeúntes1.2 (ignore)to trample onsomething(on ideals)
pisotear algo(on rights)he trampled on anyone who got in his way
pisotear or atropellar algose llevaba por delante a todo aquel que se interpusiera en su caminoto trample
oversomebodypisotear a alguienExample sentences
- ‘The country's relatively loose control over these companies has enabled some greedy bosses to trample on workers' rights’, she said.
- Born-and-bred residents are being trampled on by wealthy incomers who push property prices even further beyond their reach, they say.
- They had a big job to do in taking maintenance work back from numerous engineering companies, but that is no excuse for trampling over workers' employment rights.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.