Translation of trample in Spanish:
- 1.1 (stamp on, crush) they trampled the daffodils into the groundpisotearon los narcisosthey were trampled to deathmurieron aplastadosExample sentences1.2 (ignore)
- Conversely, the likelihood of me trampling anyone as I walk down the street is highly unlikely!
- There have been villagers in other parts of Zambia mauled by lions, trampled underfoot by elephants and hippos.
- Last year, 14 pilgrims were trampled to death during the ritual and 35 died in a 2001 stampede.
- ‘The country's relatively loose control over these companies has enabled some greedy bosses to trample on workers' rights’, she said.
- Born-and-bred residents are being trampled on by wealthy incomers who push property prices even further beyond their reach, they say.
- They had a big job to do in taking maintenance work back from numerous engineering companies, but that is no excuse for trampling over workers' employment rights.
- 1.1to trample
onsomebody/somethingpolice horses trampled on demonstratorslos caballos de la policía arrollaron or atropellaron a los manifestantesthe newspaper had been trampled on by passers-byel periódico había sido pisoteado por los transeúntes1.2 (ignore)to trample onsomething(on ideals)
pisotear algo(on rights)he trampled on anyone who got in his way
pisotear or atropellar algose llevaba por delante a todo aquel que se interpusiera en su caminoto trample
oversomebodypisotear a alguien
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.