Translation of transform in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /træn(t)sˈfɔrm/ British English: /transˈfɔːm/ , /trɑːns-/, /-nz-/
- 1.1 (change)(place/person)when she dyed her hair she was completely transformedtheir lives were transformed by the inheritancecuando se tiñó el pelo parecía otrala herencia les cambió totalmente la vidaExample sentences1.2 (Electricity)
(current)Example sentences1.3 (Mathematics)
- She adjusts her breasts and runs her hand over her hair, as she transforms into her character.
- And then, as I get older, it transforms into something else.
- This passage explicitly thematizes the way human temporality is experienced as some form of spatial movement - how space transforms into time.
(sustituir las incógnitas (de una ecuación) por sus valores expresados en forma algebraica)Example sentences
- Those receive their 11,000 volt current underground and then transform it to a voltage suitable for the domestic consumers in just one or two roads or streets.
- The wind plant captures and transforms wind energy into direct current electricity.
- There the signal is passed through the skin to the implant, which transforms the signal to electrical pulses.
- He replaced the differential operator d/dx by a variable p transforming a differential equation into an algebraic equation.
- Variables were transformed with natural logarithms or square roots to normalize residuals.
- He used them to transform Laplace's equation into ellipsoidal coordinates and so separate the variables and solve the resulting equation.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /træn(t)sˈfɔrm/ British English: /transˈfɔːm/ , /trɑːns-/, /-nz-/
nounAmerican English: /ˈtræn(t)sfɔrm/ British English: /ˈtransfɔːm/ , /ˈtrɑːns-/, /-nz-/
- (Linguistics, Mathematics)Example sentences
- In the bottom portion of the figure, the logarithmic transform of power is presented.
- The wavelet transform is designed to produce the best image possible given the bandwidth of the medium of transmission.
- A constant uncertainty on a linear scale transforms to a variable uncertainty on a log scale.
- Similar questions are investigated for the sine transforms rather than the cosine transforms.
- Aleksandrov further developed the integral transform method and used asymptotic methods to solve the problem for a finite thickness layer.
- The transformation rules may comprise both causal hypotheses and modal transforms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.