Translation of transit in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (passage) passengers in transitpasajeros (masculine plural) en or de tránsitoit was damaged/lost in transitse dañó/se perdió en el viajeExample sentences1.2 uncountable
(American English) (Transport)(before noun) transit police
- The remaining 400,000 were transit - or stopover - passengers.
- Those transit passengers are being subjected to more scrutiny, a more careful look being given specifically to their shoes and to their clothes and to their electronics.
- One of the special features of the bus terminus is the pedestrian subway connecting all platforms, ensuring safe transit of passengers.
transporte (masculine)policía (feminine) de tráfico or tránsitotransit systemsistema (masculine) de transporte(s)Example sentences
Example sentences1.3 countable (Astronomy)
- They have been linked to nearly 3 million worth of robberies from cash in transit vans in recent years.
- The ships carrying the materials have been in transit for some time and are due to arrive in the Irish Sea shortly.
- There is also the issue of goods damaged in transit, during transportation from Mayo to Dublin or to the ports.
- So what precisely would be the difference between a search conducted to protect a library collection and a search to protect myself and my fellow passengers in the public transit system?
- He also wants to ease the region's transportation problems by increasing lanes and improving public transit.
- In fact I would say foot travel and public transit would be the main ‘losers’ to cycles as it would mainly be relatively short haul trippers who would be impacted.
- Besides a couple of eclipses slated for May, sky watchers would witness transits of two planets over the disk of the Sun.
- Over a mere five occurrences these transits of Venus had shifted from events of astronomical importance to a sideshow with mere curiosity value.
- The transits of the Planet of Love happen in pairs, eight years apart every century.
- 2 countable (theodolite)(American English)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.