- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (passage) tránsito (masculine) passengers in transit pasajeros (masculine plural) en or de tránsito it was damaged/lost in transit se dañó/se perdió en el viaje (before noun/delante del nombre) transit campcampamento temporal para soldados, prisioneros, refugiados etc transit lounge sala (feminine) de tránsito transit visa visa (feminine) or (Spain/España) visado (masculine) de tránsitoMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Transport/Transporte] transporte (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) transit police policía (feminine) de tráfico or tránsito transit system sistema (masculine) de transporte(s)
More example sentences
- The remaining 400,000 were transit - or stopover - passengers.
- Those transit passengers are being subjected to more scrutiny, a more careful look being given specifically to their shoes and to their clothes and to their electronics.
- One of the special features of the bus terminus is the pedestrian subway connecting all platforms, ensuring safe transit of passengers.
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable [Astronomy/Astronomía] tránsito (masculine)
- They have been linked to nearly 3 million worth of robberies from cash in transit vans in recent years.
- The ships carrying the materials have been in transit for some time and are due to arrive in the Irish Sea shortly.
- There is also the issue of goods damaged in transit, during transportation from Mayo to Dublin or to the ports.
More example sentences
- So what precisely would be the difference between a search conducted to protect a library collection and a search to protect myself and my fellow passengers in the public transit system?
- He also wants to ease the region's transportation problems by increasing lanes and improving public transit.
- In fact I would say foot travel and public transit would be the main ‘losers’ to cycles as it would mainly be relatively short haul trippers who would be impacted.
- Besides a couple of eclipses slated for May, sky watchers would witness transits of two planets over the disk of the Sun.
- Over a mere five occurrences these transits of Venus had shifted from events of astronomical importance to a sideshow with mere curiosity value.
- The transits of the Planet of Love happen in pairs, eight years apart every century.
- 2 countable/numerable (theodolite) (American English/inglés norteamericano) teodolito (masculine)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.