Translation of transparent in Spanish:
- 1.1 [material/glass/paper] transparenteExample sentences1.2 (obvious) [meaning] claro, transparente it was a transparent lie/excuse era obvio or estaba claro que mentía/que se trataba de una excusa it was a transparent attempt to bribe her fue un claro intento de soborno
- Specific wavelengths are absorbed as light passes through a transparent gem or is reflected from the surface of an opaque gem.
- She whipped about, sending black curls dancing, and plastered her body to the thick layer of transparent material behind her.
- They were made of a transparent material that allowed the warriors to see inside.
- Despite his transparent attempt to slip this out unnoticed, he has to explain why he apparently broke the law.
- The entire ad is built around an entirely intentional and fairly transparent attempt to deceive viewers.
- His frantic attempts, transparent and pathetic, to remould himself into something he is not compromised his dignity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.