- 1.1 [material/glass/paper] transparenteMore example sentences1.2 (obvious) [meaning] claro, transparente it was a transparent lie/excuse era obvio or estaba claro que mentía/que se trataba de una excusa it was a transparent attempt to bribe her fue un claro intento de soborno
More example sentences
- Specific wavelengths are absorbed as light passes through a transparent gem or is reflected from the surface of an opaque gem.
- She whipped about, sending black curls dancing, and plastered her body to the thick layer of transparent material behind her.
- They were made of a transparent material that allowed the warriors to see inside.
- Despite his transparent attempt to slip this out unnoticed, he has to explain why he apparently broke the law.
- The entire ad is built around an entirely intentional and fairly transparent attempt to deceive viewers.
- His frantic attempts, transparent and pathetic, to remould himself into something he is not compromised his dignity.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.