- 1.1 [material/glass/paper] transparenteMore example sentences1.2 (obvious) [meaning] claro, transparente it was a transparent lie/excuse era obvio or estaba claro que mentía/que se trataba de una excusa it was a transparent attempt to bribe her fue un claro intento de soborno
More example sentences
- Specific wavelengths are absorbed as light passes through a transparent gem or is reflected from the surface of an opaque gem.
- She whipped about, sending black curls dancing, and plastered her body to the thick layer of transparent material behind her.
- They were made of a transparent material that allowed the warriors to see inside.
- Despite his transparent attempt to slip this out unnoticed, he has to explain why he apparently broke the law.
- The entire ad is built around an entirely intentional and fairly transparent attempt to deceive viewers.
- His frantic attempts, transparent and pathetic, to remould himself into something he is not compromised his dignity.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.