Translation of transpire in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (become apparent) it transpires that …resulta (ser) que …it finally transpired that …finalmente resultó que …as it transpired, she had known all alongdespués nos enteramos ( or se enteraron etc. ) de que lo había sabido desde el principio1.2 (happen)Example sentences
- More than a quarter of a century has now transpired since his election.
- And so you can imagine his feeling the next day when the events transpired.
- Then, when the actual event transpires, things go in a refreshingly unanticipated manner.
- 2 (Biology, Botany)Example sentences
- As the flowers transpire, water evaporates and is trapped at the roof of the bricks.
- Throughout most of the day, when the plant is transpiring, these vessels will contain water under substantial hydraulic tension.
- The same cycle was found in plants transpiring in ambient conditions and where transpiration was greatly reduced.
- (Biology, Botany)(moisture)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.