Translation of transpire in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (become apparent) it transpires that …resulta (ser) que …it finally transpired that …finalmente resultó que …as it transpired, she had known all alongdespués nos enteramos ( or se enteraron etc) de que lo había sabido desde el principio1.2 (happen)Example sentences
- More than a quarter of a century has now transpired since his election.
- And so you can imagine his feeling the next day when the events transpired.
- Then, when the actual event transpires, things go in a refreshingly unanticipated manner.
- (Biology, Botany)(moisture)
- As the flowers transpire, water evaporates and is trapped at the roof of the bricks.
- Throughout most of the day, when the plant is transpiring, these vessels will contain water under substantial hydraulic tension.
- The same cycle was found in plants transpiring in ambient conditions and where transpiration was greatly reduced.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.