Translation of transpire in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 1.1 (become apparent) it transpires that … resulta (ser) que … it finally transpired that … finalmente resultó que … as it transpired, she had known all along después nos enteramos ( or se enteraron etc) de que lo había sabido desde el principio 1.2 (happen) ocurrir, pasar, sucederExample sentences
- More than a quarter of a century has now transpired since his election.
- And so you can imagine his feeling the next day when the events transpired.
- Then, when the actual event transpires, things go in a refreshingly unanticipated manner.
- 2 [Biology/Biología] [Botany/Botánica] transpirar
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [Biology/Biología] [Botany/Botánica] [moisture] transpirarExample sentences
- As the flowers transpire, water evaporates and is trapped at the roof of the bricks.
- Throughout most of the day, when the plant is transpiring, these vessels will contain water under substantial hydraulic tension.
- The same cycle was found in plants transpiring in ambient conditions and where transpiration was greatly reduced.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas