Translation of transplant in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /træn(t)sˈplænt/ British English: /transˈplɑːnt/ , /tranzˈplɑːnt/
- (in medicine, gardening)Example sentences
- The seedlings can be left in these pots until planted into the flowerbeds, or can be transplanted into hanging baskets or window boxes when large enough to handle.
- Mid winter is perfect for repotting your indoor plants since many plants need to be transplanted into larger containers every two to three years.
- Flowering bulbs can be transplanted, if done carefully, into decorative containers.
- Many different tissues can be transplanted such as whole organs like the heart, or cells as in bone marrow transplantation.
- Kidneys were the first organs to be successfully transplanted.
- Since there was no artificial liver or heart equivalent to the artificial kidney, if these transplanted organs did not function immediately, death was inevitable.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /træn(t)sˈplænt/ British English: /transˈplɑːnt/ , /tranzˈplɑːnt/
nounAmerican English: /ˈtræn(t)splænt/ British English: /ˈtransplɑːnt/ , /ˈtranzplɑːnt/
- 1.1 (operation) he's had a heart/kidney transplanthair transplantle han hecho un trasplante de corazón/riñón(before noun) transplant operationimplante (masculine) capilar or de cabellotransplant patientoperación (feminine) de trasplante(paciente que ha sido o va a ser sometido a un trasplante)1.2 (organ)Example sentences
- Another theory is that a woman's higher oestrogen levels make her organs more prone to rejection and at the same time make it more likely that her body will reject an organ transplant.
- The transplant rejects the body rather than the other way around, a very nasty situation called graft versus host disease.
- You may have to take medicine for the rest of your life to prevent your body from rejecting the transplant.
- A leading clergyman who has bounced back after a transplant operation and surgery for cancer is facing a third major operation this week.
- He's had a heart transplant operation and it's proved successful.
- He underwent a transplant operation four-and-a-half years ago, but the kidney donated by his father was rejected.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to