Translation of trash in Spanish:
- 1.1 (refuse) (American English/inglés norteamericano) basura (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) trash bag bolsa (feminine) de la basura trash compacter triturador (masculine) de basura trash heap montón (masculine) de basuraExample sentences1.2 (worthless stuff) basura (feminine) stop talking trash! ¡deja de decir estupideces! 1.3 (people) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], escoria (feminine) white trash[ blancos pobres del sur de los EEUU ]
- Rinse containers well before discarding in the trash.
- The sharp needle tips are collected inside the container and the remainder of the syringe barrel can be safely discarded in the trash.
- Bacteria and fungi primarily break down the organic matter in the trash.
- I don't subscribe to the view that readers in this market equate broadsheet with quality and tabloid with trash.
- I'm also talking rip-offs, exploitation movies, mindless sequels, trash masquerading as quality.
- In fact the idea of trash tabloids is just the opposite.
- If she lived in a small American town, we'd consider her trash.
- When Eddy showed up at Sir Christopher's Cassandra had immediately sized her up as no good foreign trash and taken to making her education the worst possible.
- Yet Shaft keeps on operating, pulling questionable legal tricks and using deceit and deception to fool the gangland trash of the streets.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1.1 (dispose of) botar (a la basura) (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata) , tirar (a la basura) (Spain/España) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) 1.2 (criticize) [colloquial/familiar] [movie/book] poner* por los suelos or por el suelo; [person] despellejar [colloquial/familiar], poner* verde (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar] 1.3 (vandalize) [slang/argot] destrozar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the