Translation of trash in Spanish:
- 1.1 (refuse)(American English)(before noun) trash bag
basura (feminine)bolsa (feminine) de la basuratrash compacter trash heapmontón (masculine) de basuraExample sentences1.2 (worthless stuff) stop talking trash!
¡deja de decir estupideces!1.3 (people)(American English) [colloquial]white trash
- Rinse containers well before discarding in the trash.
- The sharp needle tips are collected inside the container and the remainder of the syringe barrel can be safely discarded in the trash.
- Bacteria and fungi primarily break down the organic matter in the trash.
escoria (feminine)(blancos pobres del sur de los EEUU)Example sentences
- I don't subscribe to the view that readers in this market equate broadsheet with quality and tabloid with trash.
- I'm also talking rip-offs, exploitation movies, mindless sequels, trash masquerading as quality.
- In fact the idea of trash tabloids is just the opposite.
- If she lived in a small American town, we'd consider her trash.
- When Eddy showed up at Sir Christopher's Cassandra had immediately sized her up as no good foreign trash and taken to making her education the worst possible.
- Yet Shaft keeps on operating, pulling questionable legal tricks and using deceit and deception to fool the gangland trash of the streets.
transitive verb(American English)
- 1.1 (dispose of) 1.2 (criticize) [colloquial](movie/book)
poner por los suelos or por el suelo(person)
poner verde (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences1.3 (vandalize) [slang]
- What if a critic trashes something that is really close to you?
- Critics frequently trash hip hop because commercialism dominates the genre.
- The critics trashed it, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music canceled it in mid-run.
- For a few minutes scores of protesters, wearing trademark black clothes and gas masks, trashed a branch of the Credito Italiano bank.
- A note stuck into my seat told the story: some delivery truck had backed into it, knocking it over, trashing my trunk case, and most of the left side paint and turn signals.
- Those who push to strip away the traditional protections of privacy may be trashing a prerequisite of personal freedom.
- None of those solutions trashes the email completely, but by setting it all aside, I can scan them all pretty quickly and spot any false positives.
- That ignores the fact that most people won't opt-out, but will simply trash the email.
- Now (after a couple months training it) anything Mail thinks is junk can be safely trashed automatically.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.