Translation of trash in Spanish:
- 1.1 (refuse)(American English)(before noun) trash bag
basura (feminine)bolsa (feminine) de la basuratrash compacter trash heapmontón (masculine) de basuraExample sentences1.2 (worthless stuff) stop talking trash!
¡deja de decir estupideces!Example sentences1.3 (people)
- Rinse containers well before discarding in the trash.
- The sharp needle tips are collected inside the container and the remainder of the syringe barrel can be safely discarded in the trash.
- Bacteria and fungi primarily break down the organic matter in the trash.
(American English) [colloquial]white trash
- I don't subscribe to the view that readers in this market equate broadsheet with quality and tabloid with trash.
- I'm also talking rip-offs, exploitation movies, mindless sequels, trash masquerading as quality.
- In fact the idea of trash tabloids is just the opposite.
escoria (feminine)(blancos pobres del sur de los EEUU)Example sentences
- If she lived in a small American town, we'd consider her trash.
- When Eddy showed up at Sir Christopher's Cassandra had immediately sized her up as no good foreign trash and taken to making her education the worst possible.
- Yet Shaft keeps on operating, pulling questionable legal tricks and using deceit and deception to fool the gangland trash of the streets.
transitive verb(American English)
- 1.1 (dispose of)botar (a la basura) (Latin America except River Plate area)
tirar (a la basura) (Spain) (River Plate area)Example sentences1.2 (criticize) [colloquial]
- None of those solutions trashes the email completely, but by setting it all aside, I can scan them all pretty quickly and spot any false positives.
- That ignores the fact that most people won't opt-out, but will simply trash the email.
- Now (after a couple months training it) anything Mail thinks is junk can be safely trashed automatically.
poner por los suelos or por el suelo(person)
poner verde (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences1.3 (vandalize) [slang]
- What if a critic trashes something that is really close to you?
- Critics frequently trash hip hop because commercialism dominates the genre.
- The critics trashed it, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music canceled it in mid-run.
- For a few minutes scores of protesters, wearing trademark black clothes and gas masks, trashed a branch of the Credito Italiano bank.
- A note stuck into my seat told the story: some delivery truck had backed into it, knocking it over, trashing my trunk case, and most of the left side paint and turn signals.
- Those who push to strip away the traditional protections of privacy may be trashing a prerequisite of personal freedom.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.