- 1.1 u (hoard of wealth) tesoros (mpl) they were hunting for buried treasure buscaban tesoros escondidos the galleon was laden with treasure el galeón estaba lleno de riquezasMore example sentences1.2 c (sth valuable, prized) tesoro (m) the treasures of Antiquity los tesoros de la antigüedad art treasures tesoros artísticos this letter is one of my treasures esta carta es uno de mis más preciados tesoros a good mechanic is a real treasure un buen mecánico es una verdadera joya (before n) treasure chest cofre (m) del tesoro treasure hunt [Games] búsqueda (f) del tesoro a treasure house of information una mina de información
More example sentences1.3 (term of endearment) tesoro (m) you're a treasure! ¡eres un tesoro!
- He drew it back, cradling it like precious treasure.
- Russia, having annexed the Crimea, had embarked on a titanic struggle with the Ottoman Empire which was absorbing stupendous quantities of manpower and treasure.
- He had always sort of imagined love, a fact he guarded more carefully than the most precious of his treasure.
More example sentences
- Ancient manuscripts depicting the history of Armenia are housed in the national library, Madenataran, and are valued national and historical treasures.
- Sometimes, this involved the omission of some real treasures.
- If you don't drink the occasional bottle of Californian wine, then you're missing out on some real treasures.
- He's a national treasure and I just love the guy.
- Congratulations Maureen; you're one of Kilmead's real treasures.
- Oliver's been a real treasure and has loosely formed a routine for both day and night.
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.
- 1.1 (value greatly) thank you for the book, I shall always treasure it gracias por el libro, siempre significará muchísimo para mí you should treasure a friend like him deberías apreciar or valorar muchísimo a un amigo como él I treasure the moments we spent together el recuerdo de los momentos que pasamos juntos es muy preciado para mí, atesoro el recuerdo de los momentos que pasamos juntos [literario/literary] 1.2(treasured past p)preciado my most treasured possession mi bien más preciado [literario/literary]
treasure upv + o + adv, v + adv + o
- [literario/literary] [memories/letters] atesorar, guardar como un tesoro