Translation of treasury in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1 1.1 (public, communal funds) erario (masculine), tesoro (masculine)Example sentences1.2the Treasury o the treasury el fisco, la hacienda pública, el tesoro (público) Department of the Treasury (in US) Departamento (masculine) del Tesoro (de los Estados Unidos), ≈ ministerio (masculine) de Hacienda (before noun/delante del nombre) the Treasury Bench (in UK Parliament) los escaños de los miembros del Gobierno treasury stock (in US) autocartera (feminine) (in UK) bonos (masculine plural) del estado
- Derivatives are commonly packaged as ‘bond-like’ instruments and sold to the knuckleheads that manage things like pension funds and the treasuries of state and local governments.
- At the same time, the central government was engaged in privatizing moribund state firms and assets, which supplemented the treasury's revenue intake.
- He adds that it is necessary because, after he raised the corporate tax in the 1990s, funds to the treasury actually fell, as companies used loopholes to avoid taxes.
- 2 (anthology) antología (feminine) she's a treasury of local anecdotes se sabe montones de anécdotas del lugarExample sentences
- As its publicity rightly says, ‘Kate's Kitchen’ is a ‘veritable treasury of gourmet delights’.
- Some new translations and commentaries of ancient writings are veritable treasuries of ancient popular beliefs.
- It's a veritable Winnie museum, a treasury of one woman's conceit of herself as the peppery, tartan Boadicea of truth, justice and parliamentary sub-committees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a