Translation of treasury in Spanish:
noun plural treasuries
- 1 1.1 (public, communal funds)Example sentences1.2the Treasury o the treasury
el fiscoDepartment of the Treasury (in US)
- Derivatives are commonly packaged as ‘bond-like’ instruments and sold to the knuckleheads that manage things like pension funds and the treasuries of state and local governments.
- At the same time, the central government was engaged in privatizing moribund state firms and assets, which supplemented the treasury's revenue intake.
- He adds that it is necessary because, after he raised the corporate tax in the 1990s, funds to the treasury actually fell, as companies used loopholes to avoid taxes.
la hacienda pública
el tesoro (público)Departamento (masculine) del Tesoro (de los Estados Unidos)(before noun) the Treasury Bench (in UK Parliament)
≈ ministerio (masculine) de Haciendalos escaños de los miembros del Gobiernotreasury stock(in US) autocartera (feminine)(in UK) bonos (masculine plural) del estado
- 2 (anthology) she's a treasury of local anecdotesse sabe montones de anécdotas del lugarExample sentences
- As its publicity rightly says, ‘Kate's Kitchen’ is a ‘veritable treasury of gourmet delights’.
- Some new translations and commentaries of ancient writings are veritable treasuries of ancient popular beliefs.
- It's a veritable Winnie museum, a treasury of one woman's conceit of herself as the peppery, tartan Boadicea of truth, justice and parliamentary sub-committees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.