Translation of treasury in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 1.1 (public, communal funds)Example sentences1.2the Treasury o the treasury
Department of the Treasury (in US)el fiscoel tesoro (público)(before noun) the Treasury Bench (in UK Parliament)Departamento (masculine) del Tesoro (de los Estados Unidos)≈ ministerio (masculine) de Haciendatreasury stocklos escaños de los miembros del Gobierno(in US)(in UK)bonos (masculine plural) del estado
- Derivatives are commonly packaged as ‘bond-like’ instruments and sold to the knuckleheads that manage things like pension funds and the treasuries of state and local governments.
- At the same time, the central government was engaged in privatizing moribund state firms and assets, which supplemented the treasury's revenue intake.
- He adds that it is necessary because, after he raised the corporate tax in the 1990s, funds to the treasury actually fell, as companies used loopholes to avoid taxes.
- 2 (anthology) she's a treasury of local anecdotesse sabe montones de anécdotas del lugarExample sentences
- As its publicity rightly says, ‘Kate's Kitchen’ is a ‘veritable treasury of gourmet delights’.
- Some new translations and commentaries of ancient writings are veritable treasuries of ancient popular beliefs.
- It's a veritable Winnie museum, a treasury of one woman's conceit of herself as the peppery, tartan Boadicea of truth, justice and parliamentary sub-committees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than