Translation of treasury in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1 1.1 (public, communal funds) erario (masculine), tesoro (masculine)Example sentences1.2the Treasury o the treasury el fisco, la hacienda pública, el tesoro (público) Department of the Treasury (in US) Departamento (masculine) del Tesoro (de los Estados Unidos), ≈ ministerio (masculine) de Hacienda (before noun/delante del nombre) the Treasury Bench (in UK Parliament) los escaños de los miembros del Gobierno treasury stock (in US) autocartera (feminine) (in UK) bonos (masculine plural) del estado
- Derivatives are commonly packaged as ‘bond-like’ instruments and sold to the knuckleheads that manage things like pension funds and the treasuries of state and local governments.
- At the same time, the central government was engaged in privatizing moribund state firms and assets, which supplemented the treasury's revenue intake.
- He adds that it is necessary because, after he raised the corporate tax in the 1990s, funds to the treasury actually fell, as companies used loopholes to avoid taxes.
- 2 (anthology) antología (feminine) she's a treasury of local anecdotes se sabe montones de anécdotas del lugarExample sentences
- As its publicity rightly says, ‘Kate's Kitchen’ is a ‘veritable treasury of gourmet delights’.
- Some new translations and commentaries of ancient writings are veritable treasuries of ancient popular beliefs.
- It's a veritable Winnie museum, a treasury of one woman's conceit of herself as the peppery, tartan Boadicea of truth, justice and parliamentary sub-committees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.