Translation of treatment in Spanish:
noununcountable or countable
- 1 (handling) 1.1 (of person, animal, object) the treatment they received at the hands of the guardsel trato que recibieron de parte de los guardiaswhat have I done to deserve such treatment?¿qué he hecho yo para merecer este trato or para que me traten de esta manera?her treatment of her childrenla manera como trata a sus hijoshe is given preferential treatment
el trato que les da a sus hijosse le da un trato preferente or preferencialthe furniture has had some rough treatmentse les ha dado un muy mal trato a los mueblesExample sentences1.2 (of subject, idea) I resented her treatment of the issue
no me gustó el tratamiento que le dio al asuntohis treatment of the human formla manera como trata la figura humanathis question deserves fuller treatmenteste asunto merece ser tratado con mayor profundidadExample sentences
- This made it difficult if not impossible to move in any other direction than towards ever more draconian treatment of prisoners.
- For me the ban, when implemented, will represent a step towards a more humane treatment of wild animals.
- The latter doesn't imply justice at all: It does not advocate the equal treatment of people.
- The volume is a thorough but ultimately formulaic treatment of a subject handled in several previous books.
- In this area he led the symbolic treatment of the subject.
- There is of course no treatment, discussion or consideration in the guides themselves of overlap.
- 2 (of metal, fabric, waste) to get/give somebody the (full) treatmentI got the full treatment from himse desvivió por atendermeshe got the full treatment from the boss for her mistakeel jefe le dijo de todo por haberse equivocado [colloquial]those thugs certainly gave him the treatmentesos matones le dieron una buena palizawe were given the full treatment: luxury accommodation, champagne …nos trataron a cuerpo de rey: alojamiento de lujo, champán …Example sentences
- The treatment process physically and chemically binds the CCA to the inside of the wood fibers.
- The provision of clean water and proper sewage treatment systems depends on the electrical system.
- Six years ago his company had been sending waste laboratory chemicals for treatment at Waste Control.
- 3 (Medicine) I'm having o undergoing medical treatmentestoy en or bajo tratamiento médico(before noun) treatment roomExample sentences
- The medical treatment for all patients remained unchanged throughout the study.
- In effect he found that feeding via intravenous drip constitutes medical treatment, not palliative care.
- In Japan, the country's National Health Scheme takes total care of medical treatment for heart problems.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.