- 1 (handling) 1.1 (of person, animal, object) trato (m) the treatment they received at the hands of the guards el trato que recibieron de parte de los guardias what have I done to deserve such treatment? ¿qué he hecho yo para merecer este trato or para que me traten de esta manera? her treatment of her children la manera como trata a sus hijos, el trato que les da a sus hijos he is given preferential treatment se le da un trato preferente or preferencial the furniture has had some rough treatment se les ha dado un muy mal trato a los mueblesMore example sentences1.2 (of subject, idea) tratamiento (m) I resented her treatment of the issue no me gustó el tratamiento que le dio al asunto his treatment of the human form la manera como trata la figura humana this question deserves fuller treatment este asunto merece ser tratado con mayor profundidad
More example sentences
- This made it difficult if not impossible to move in any other direction than towards ever more draconian treatment of prisoners.
- For me the ban, when implemented, will represent a step towards a more humane treatment of wild animals.
- The latter doesn't imply justice at all: It does not advocate the equal treatment of people.
- The volume is a thorough but ultimately formulaic treatment of a subject handled in several previous books.
- In this area he led the symbolic treatment of the subject.
- There is of course no treatment, discussion or consideration in the guides themselves of overlap.
- 2 (of metal, fabric, waste) tratamiento (m) to get/give sb the (full) treatment I got the full treatment from him se desvivió por atenderme she got the full treatment from the boss for her mistake el jefe le dijo de todo por haberse equivocado [familiar/colloquial] those thugs certainly gave him the treatment esos matones le dieron una buena paliza we were given the full treatment: luxury accommodation, champagne … nos trataron a cuerpo de rey: alojamiento de lujo, champán …More example sentences
- The treatment process physically and chemically binds the CCA to the inside of the wood fibers.
- The provision of clean water and proper sewage treatment systems depends on the electrical system.
- Six years ago his company had been sending waste laboratory chemicals for treatment at Waste Control.
- 3 [Med] tratamiento (m) I'm having o undergoing medical treatment estoy en or bajo tratamiento médico (before n) treatment room sala (f) de tratamiento, sala (f) de curas (Esp)More example sentences
- The medical treatment for all patients remained unchanged throughout the study.
- In effect he found that feeding via intravenous drip constitutes medical treatment, not palliative care.
- In Japan, the country's National Health Scheme takes total care of medical treatment for heart problems.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.