intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 1.1 [Law/Derecho][ entrar sin autorización en propiedad ajena ] they were trespassing on my land habían entrado en mi propiedad sin autorización no trespassing prohibido el paso, propiedad privadaMore example sentences1.2 (encroach)to trespass (
- Their workmen had trespassed onto the Gregorys' property, uprooted shrubs, removed rockery stones and trampled down plants.
- The landlord commenced proceedings for possession on the ground that the lease had ended and the tenant was trespassing.
- The assailant was charged with trespassing, destruction of property and cruelty to animals.
onsth) that's his sphere and I don't want to trespass eso es de su competencia y no quiero entrometerme I've trespassed on your patience/generosity quite enough ya he abusado bastante de su paciencia/generosidad they have no right to trespass on her personal life like this no tienen ningún derecho a meterse así en su vida privadaMore example sentences
- We were trespassing on the communion of their lunch, the remembrance of a thousand small-town diners, trailer-park kitchens and back-yard barbecues.
- I felt he didn't actually know much about radical political movements of the time - trespassing on Conrad really.
- When someone offends us we feel that they are trespassing on our rights.
- 2 (offend) [archaic] pecar* as we forgive them that trespass against us así como nosotros perdonamos a nuestros deudoresMore example sentences
- Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the Lord in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord.
- The player who trespasses against the rules or ignores them is a ‘spoil-sport.’
- We know in this, within a democracy, how to get tough and put in rigorous regimens of discipline, security without trespassing against the fundamental rights of human beings in a civilized society.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.