- 1.1 (court) tribunal (m)More example sentences1.2 (committee of inquiry) (BrE) comisión (f) investigadora
More example sentences
- It is encouraging that various instruments, including war crimes tribunals and the International Court of Justice, have been put in place to address and redress past wrongs.
- In practice there seems no good reason why the present approach of handling environment-related cases within the existing system of international courts and tribunals should not continue to work.
- Some commentators have also expressed scepticism about the international courts, tribunals and committees which pronounce upon human rights.
- In the event of a dispute, an employment tribunal will rule on what is reasonable.
- We see the employment and disputes tribunals, which adopt their own rules of evidence.
- The industrial tribunal decided that Lambeth council had breached the Race Relations Act.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.