Translation of tribute in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable (acknowledgment) as a tribute to …como homenaje or (Latin America also) tributo a …a moving tributeun emotivo homenajetribute
tosomebody/somethinghomenaje (masculine)the movie is a tribute to the courage of these men aalguien/algo
(Latin America also) tributo (masculine)
aalguien/algola película rinde homenaje or (Latin America also) tributo a la valentía de estos hombresto pay tribute to somebody/somethingrendir homenaje or (Latin America also) tributo a alguien/algoExample sentences
- Large crowds were present both days to pay their final tributes and respects to Mick O'Brien.
- Replying, John thanked all for the good wishes, the tributes and the gifts.
- Many travelled long distances to join in the tributes and pay their respects.
- 2 uncountable (payment)Example sentences
- Provinces won in war could later be milked of tribute to enrich the Roman state and its rulers and to buy off any risk of discontent at home.
- Aztec musicians enjoyed high social prestige and exemption from tribute payments.
- It was a hallmark of free populations not to pay tribute, fees or taxes of this sort.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.