Translation of tribute in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (acknowledgment) homenaje (masculine), tributo (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) as a tribute to … como homenaje or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) tributo a … a moving tribute un emotivo homenaje tribute
tosb/sth homenaje (masculine) or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) tributo (masculine) aalgn/algo the movie is a tribute to the courage of these men la película rinde homenaje or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) tributo a la valentía de estos hombres to pay tribute to sb/sth rendir* homenaje or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) tributo a algn/algoExample sentences
- Large crowds were present both days to pay their final tributes and respects to Mick O'Brien.
- Replying, John thanked all for the good wishes, the tributes and the gifts.
- Many travelled long distances to join in the tributes and pay their respects.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (payment) tributo (masculine)Example sentences
- Provinces won in war could later be milked of tribute to enrich the Roman state and its rulers and to buy off any risk of discontent at home.
- Aztec musicians enjoyed high social prestige and exemption from tribute payments.
- It was a hallmark of free populations not to pay tribute, fees or taxes of this sort.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...