- 1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (acknowledgment) homenaje (masculine), tributo (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) as a tribute to … como homenaje or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) tributo a … a moving tribute un emotivo homenaje tribute
tosb/sth homenaje (masculine) or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) tributo (masculine) aalgn/algo the movie is a tribute to the courage of these men la película rinde homenaje or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) tributo a la valentía de estos hombres to pay tribute to sb/sth rendir* homenaje or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) tributo a algn/algo floral tribute ofrenda (feminine) floralMore example sentences
- Large crowds were present both days to pay their final tributes and respects to Mick O'Brien.
- Replying, John thanked all for the good wishes, the tributes and the gifts.
- Many travelled long distances to join in the tributes and pay their respects.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (payment) tributo (masculine)More example sentences
- Provinces won in war could later be milked of tribute to enrich the Roman state and its rulers and to buy off any risk of discontent at home.
- Aztec musicians enjoyed high social prestige and exemption from tribute payments.
- It was a hallmark of free populations not to pay tribute, fees or taxes of this sort.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.