Translation of trickle in Spanish:
intransitive verb + adverb complement
- 1 (flow) perspiration trickled down his foreheadle corrían gotas de sudor por la frentewater trickled from the pipesalía un hilito de agua de la cañeríathe sand trickled through his fingersla arena se deslizó por entre sus dedosthe water was trickling awayel agua se iba escurriendo poco a pocoExample sentences
- Our bodies, faces, and hair drip with rain water trickling to the ground.
- That night they found a small stream with fresh, clean, water trickling toward the ocean to their right.
- Soon a sweet purple liquid was trickling out of the spout into the container she had placed underneath.
- 2 (arrive, go) letters are still trickling intodavía se está recibiendo alguna que otra cartathe audience began to trickle back into the hallpoco a poco el público fue volviendo a la salaExample sentences
- And I really went week after week, month after month, before the details of what was going on in that family slowly began to trickle out.
- With all of the food eaten, and the time growing late, people began to slowly trickle out of the dining hall, until only a few people were left.
- Two guards took their positions on either side of the door and opened it as the kingdom's residents began to trickle in slowly.
- he trickled water over the leavesdejó caer un hilito de agua sobre las hojasExample sentences
- Without hesitation, he brought the canteen to Joe's lips and trickled some water into his son's mouth.
- The inside ceiling was more planks of wood, the outer bark shingles helping to trickle the water off the edges.
- Her cheeks were covered in tiny scrapes and a larger wound was already trickling a small stream of crimson blood down the middle of her forehead.
- a trickle of bloodun hilo de sangrethe river is now no more than a trickleel río ya no es más que un hilitothe initial trickle of refugees became a floodel goteo inicial de refugiados se convirtió en un verdadero torrenteapplications have slowed to a trickleya solo se recibe alguna que otra solicitudExample sentences
- Several small trickles of blood flow down the side of his neck.
- I collapsed behind a car cradling my head, feeling fresh trickles of blood flow down my face.
- His arms were covered in small trickles of blood that flowed from the many burns on his body.
- For years, all was quiet as the Western frontier was slowly settled by a trickle of pioneers.
- Fresh new buying migrates in slowly, a trickle at first that may grow into a deluge many years later.
- Radio space slowly trickles out as the Federal Communications Commission frees more of the spectrum for real-world uses.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.