Translation of trifle in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (trivial thing) nimiedad (feminine) don't waste your time on trifles no pierdas el tiempo en nimiedades your problem is a mere trifle compared to mine tu problema no es nada or es una nimiedad comparado con el míoExample sentences1.2 (small amount) (no plural/sin plural) insignificancia (feminine) it only cost a trifle costó una insignificancia or una bagatela show a trifle more interest! ¡a ver si muestras un poquitín or una pizca más de interés! it's a trifle too salty (as adverb/como adverbio) está un poquitín or un pelín salado [colloquial/familiar]
- It appears that you have finally realized the importance of trifles, but you have not yet learned what to do with them.
- Today's scripted trifles are the most important trivia of his life.
- At times the whole world seems to be in conspiracy to importune you with emphatic trifles.
- It seems 100 million won is a trifle as the value system of money is shaken and the social function of money is faltering in the raging Lotto syndrome.
- The £2.50 or so I try and save is a mere trifle, but I am obsessed by it.
- It cost me but a trifle.
- 2 u and c [Cookery/Cocina][ postre de bizcocho, jerez, crema y frutas ] sopa (feminine) inglesa (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences
- There were cold meats of every kind, huge bowls of mixed salads, large desserts, trifles, jellies tarts and mince pies, and also some very interesting looking hors d' oeuvres.
- Whether it comes as a traditional bowl of fruit and Jersey cream or a rich trifle, vivid ice cream or cool cheesecake, the combination is an unmissable part of the British summer.
- Sherry, brandy, and Marsala add flavour and an alcoholic kick to creamy puddings such as trifle, syllabub, cranachan, brose, tiramisu, zabaglione, and egg nog.
trifle withverb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento [person/emotions] jugar* con she is not a person to be trifled with no es una persona con la que se pueda jugar to trifle with sb's affections jugar* con los sentimientos de algn
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...