Translation of trill in Spanish:
- 1 (Music)Example sentences
- In his effort to successfully attain variation of material, as well as timbre imitation, he employs a wide variety of ornaments such as mordents, trills, broken chords and appoggiaturas.
- In the second section the flute ignites sparks of tone through rapid tonguing, tremolos, staccatos and trills as the tape sounds ebb and flow, gradually evolving from one harmony to the next.
- The disadvantages are the impossibility of playing some chords and the need to be neat-fingered when playing trills on two notes which share a string.
- 3 (Linguistics)Example sentences
- Holding the reins of his cart pony, he gave a sharp trill of his tongue.
- The tongue trills of the Irish singer Roger Whittaker continue to delight audiences the world over.
- There is a small error in the article on the addition of a symbol for the labiodental flap to the International Phonetic Alphabet: the bilabial trill does not still await its day.
- 1 (Music)(note)oh good! she trilled [literary]
hacer vibrar—¡qué bien! —gorjeó [literary]Example sentences
- Jonathan began to trill quietly, chirping and twittering at intervals and growing steadily louder.
- Birds of every kind chirped around her, trilling and squawking and before long, she opened her eyes to see pillars of light shine down on her: the sun through the tangled mess of branches in the pine above her.
- The breeze was light and warm, and the small stream, which ran out of the forest, trilled and bubbled in soft music.
- 2 (Linguistics)to trill the 'r'hacer vibrar la erreExample sentences
- Next came the four trilled vowels, and unlike the wingless race he resembled, the ava mastered them with little effort.
- Apparently Thais don't trill their tongue skillfully enough to produce an intelligible ‘r’ sound.
- Women greet each other by ululating, or making a high pitched sound by trilling the tongue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.