Translation of trimming in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (on clothes)(along edges) ribete (masculine)Example sentences
- They now use ready-made rickrack and shiny synthetic trimmings to adorn their garments.
- The top was decorated with rhinestone trimmings at the neckline.
- An elegant black satin sleeveless dress with red lace trimmings hugged the woman's skeletal figure, not complementing her ashen complexion at all.
- 2also: trimmings plural2.1 (accompaniments) turkey with all the trimmingspavo con la guarnición tradicionalthe usual ceremonial trimmingsel boato ceremonial de costumbre2.2 (offcuts)recortes (masculine plural)Example sentences
- Maybe the hedge trimmings we've laid out are giving the place a ‘pine fresh’ smell and the cats have realised it is not, in fact, their toilet.
- Land behind homes on Athlone and Marquis Avenue has been targeted by dumpers who have left masonry, hedge trimmings, old furniture and carpets at the site.
- A fire was had yesterday to burn the hedge trimmings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.