Translation of tripe in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Cookery)mondongo (masculine) (South America) or (Spain) callos (masculine plural) or (Mexico) pancita (feminine) or (Chile) guatitas (feminine plural)Example sentences1.2 (nonsense) [colloquial]
paparruchas (feminine plural) [colloquial]chorradas (feminine plural) (Spain) [colloquial]mamadas (feminine plural) (Mexico) [colloquial]babosadas (feminine plural) (Central America) (Colombia) (Mexico) [colloquial]leseras (feminine plural) (Chile) [colloquial]Example sentences
- In Watsonville they do great brain, tripe or tongue tacos.
- Andouillettes are a Normandy specialty made by filling pig intestine with more pig intestines and tripe, or cow's stomach lining.
- I never see any of the great meat delicacies around your shop… you know, brains, sweetbreads, kidneys, tripe, lamb tongue.
- Yes, but then how many people are really interested in the tripe and rubbish served up at 6.30 pm on the programme.
- There's a Minister for Global Health out there somewhere and it seems that if you write beyond your allocation of tripe and twaddle, he or she will take retribution.
- This tripe, trivia and tosh poisons British politics and belittles us all
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.