Translation of troop in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (unit)(of cavalry) escuadrón (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of Scouts)
- From the 16th century the troop, a captain's command, was the basic subunit in the cavalry.
- The unit conducting this mission was a standard regimental armored cavalry troop of the early 1990s era.
- The cavalry troop headquarters would include requisite maintenance, command and control, and liaison capabilities.
Example sentences1.3 (of people) [colloquial] troops of people were arriving
- There, the infantry and the armour troops had been doing the same task.
- Despite being a novice at commanding armoured units, he quickly grasped the great potential of mechanised and armoured troops.
- The video started with an advancing troop of soldiers who fanned out across an open plain that offered only the protection of the few trees and old stone properties.
la gente llegaba en tropel or en masaExample sentences
- And then he was gone, following the Scout troop.
- A scout troop with a proud history has been told to raise £100,000 or face extinction.
- Matt has been a member of the scout troop for five years.
- A troop of secret agents in identical suits, sunglasses and wigs circulated as a group throughout the evening.
- Japanese macaque studies began in 1948 when scientists visiting the southern Japanese island of Koshima, encountered a troop of wild monkeys.
- Later, they will be entertained by The Chieftains and a troop of Irish dancers who will perform in a massive marquee which has been erected on the castle lawns.
transitive verb→ Official Birthday
Cultural Note: Official Birthday
Es el segundo sábado de junio, día en que se celebra el cumpleaños del monarca inglés, aunque no es el día de su nacimiento. Se conmemora con Trooping the Colour, un desfile militar ante el monarca, y con la publicación de una → Honours List, los Birthday Honours.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.