Translation of trophy in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -phies)
- 1.1 (prize) trofeo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (from war, hunting) trofeo (masculine)
- The age groups ranged from four to 20, with a trophy awarded for first prize and certificates for second and third.
- The fun day was capped off by an awards presentation that provided trophies and prizes to the top three golfers in each of the three flights, along with prizes to the technical victors.
- Prizes include trophies and cash awards of 50,000 baht for the winning team and 25,000 baht for the runner-up.
- It's rooted in providing a hunting opportunity, getting trophies for walls and rugs for floors.
- In one photo, Vasell poses alone holding up the head of his trophy with the hunting rifle leaned against the animal's body.
- Instead of hunting game for trophies or their products, people are hunting each other.
- The Temple of Zeus itself was funded from a military campaign, and its entablature was adorned with Spartan military trophies.
- In a warrior's hall trophies of war such as shields may also have been hung on the wall.
- For instance, armour and other trophies were often displayed above sepulchres.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Nochebuena, celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries rather than Christmas Day. Dinner is eaten before Midnight Mass, known as misa del gallo.