Translation of trophy in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -phies)
- 1.1 (prize) trofeo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (from war, hunting) trofeo (masculine)
- The age groups ranged from four to 20, with a trophy awarded for first prize and certificates for second and third.
- The fun day was capped off by an awards presentation that provided trophies and prizes to the top three golfers in each of the three flights, along with prizes to the technical victors.
- Prizes include trophies and cash awards of 50,000 baht for the winning team and 25,000 baht for the runner-up.
- It's rooted in providing a hunting opportunity, getting trophies for walls and rugs for floors.
- In one photo, Vasell poses alone holding up the head of his trophy with the hunting rifle leaned against the animal's body.
- Instead of hunting game for trophies or their products, people are hunting each other.
- The Temple of Zeus itself was funded from a military campaign, and its entablature was adorned with Spartan military trophies.
- In a warrior's hall trophies of war such as shields may also have been hung on the wall.
- For instance, armour and other trophies were often displayed above sepulchres.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.