- 1 (vehicle)Example sentences
- Since yesterday, we have seen a fair bit of traffic on the roads here and lorries and trucks carrying food, water, medicines.
- The highway roads carry cars and trucks from the suburbs into the city.
- A waste disposal lorry and a pick-up truck crashed on a narrow bridge, blocking a main road.
- 2 (British English) (Railways)Example sentences
- Graduating from high school in 1956, I went to work unloading freight from trucks and boxcars for $40 a week.
- In some European countries, if coal is transported in open railway trucks the top is sprayed with a solution of lime.
- From here the visitors were taken outside to the railway siding where railway trucks would deliver the raw materials and despatch the completed wireless telegraphy equipment.
- Later versions used ‘bogies’ or special trucks in place of tires.
- A bogie is a British railway term for a wheeled truck or frame under a long carriage or engine that can swivel to help the vehicle around curves.
- This system uses specially reinforced and equipped highway trailers and ‘bogies’, or special trucks.
- 3 (in factory)Example sentences
- Here we discuss an accident that occurred in a warehouse due to the negligence of a forklift truck driver.
- We offer a range of warehouse equipment, including reach trucks, stackers, powered pallet trucks, order pickers and turret trucks.
- Your job as a forklift truck operator would be to load and unload goods deliveries, and move them to and from storage areas in a warehouse or depot.
- (American English)(goods)
transportar en camiónExample sentences
- The heavy trucking industry has shown a lot of interest in the process.
- The first independent initiative required is an immediate bombing pause so food can be trucked in and delivered to the people.
- In keeping with his relatively conservative economic philosophy, he deregulated the airline and trucking industries and took steps to decontrol the prices of natural gas and oil.
- 1 (vegetables, fruit) (American English)productos (masculine plural) de la huerta(before noun) truck farmerhorticultor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)truck farming truck gardenExample sentences
- Farmers sold vegetables from their truck gardens at harvest time.
- Later they tried organic truck crop production on the Frey farm, but this was difficult, being so far from urban areas.
- There are fruit trees and a little truck garden.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.