Translation of truffle in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Botany/Botánica] trufa (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (confectionery) trufa (feminine)
- Examples of mycorrhizal fungi include truffles and Auricularia, the mushroom which flavors sweet-and-sour soup.
- Upon closer inspection, the top of the truffle had grown a delicate little beard, white and fuzzy.
- Boletus and the famous truffles are examples of these types of mushrooms.
- I already knew that this Aztec-themed store sold excellent chocolates, ganaches and truffles, but I had never tried any of their pastries.
- She was just about to go to the confectioners and buy Frank some of the dark chocolate truffles he liked so much when out of the corner of her eye she saw someone striding forcefully towards her.
- Waiting for them was a strawberry scented bubble bath, a box of dark chocolate truffles, and a bottle of white wine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.