Translation of truly in Spanish:
- 1 (in reality) we'll never know what truly happenednunca sabremos qué sucedió en realidadonly a truly international effort will …solo a través de un verdadero esfuerzo internacional se podrá …Example sentences
- This is truly, beyond any doubt, the best crab fritter you will ever have in your life.
- Though if by some other miracle I was able to catch him, I truly doubt he would show as much strength
- None of us have any doubt that this one truly will deliver.
- 2 (as intensifier)Example sentences
- Aren't you at least going to feel a bit sorry for the truly fabulous and real you that never gets to see the world again?
- I only ever got one truly awful grade on a paper, and man, did I deserve it.
- The horse-riding sequences are truly excellent and an absolute blast.
- 3 (accurately, exactly) it may truly be called a masterpiecepuede, con toda justicia, calificarse de obra maestra
- 4 (sincerely) I'm truly sorrylo siento de verdad or de verasI love you trulyte quiero de verdad or de verasyours truly (in letters)cordiales saludoswho ended up doing it? yours truly! [humorous]¿quién terminó haciéndolo? un servidor or (in Spain also) aquí, menda [colloquial]Example sentences
- This was a slip of the brain on our part for which we are truly, madly deeply sorry.
- Really, seriously, truly… how would you handle the situation with the recruiter?
- It truly was an emotional moment, and I swear I saw more than one tear filled eye among the delighted fans.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.