Translation of trumpet in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (instrument) → blow1 1 2 3Example sentences1.2 (player)
- Nor is it all normal trumpets: this CD boasts piccolo trumpets, bass trumpets, cornets and flugelhorns, as well as a smattering of percussion.
- Flutes, saxophones, clarinets, trumpets and bassoons share the spotlight and take frequent solos that, like the vocals, often ramble aimlessly.
- I play a number of different instruments including guitar, trumpet, flute and saxophone, but my main interest is composing.
- 2 (of flower)Example sentences
- In no time at all, as we descended into damper riverside places, there were daffodils trumpets nearly fully formed and fit for a photo.
- If you want something a little different, try Digitalis Parviflora with its rust coloured flowers on upright stems, or Digitalis Ferringinea with its small trumpets of coppery-yellow flower.
- Close up, though, it looked like the trumpets of daffodils, which made them the most spring-like thing I saw all day.
- 3 (of elephant)Example sentences
- The loud trumpet sounds from the Elephant large as he knocks down a tree in a single charge.
- It is a noise half-way between a lion's roar and the trumpet of an irritated elephant.
- Disney World's Animal Kingdom team has sorted elephant calls into trumpets, snorts, croaks, revs, chuffs, noisy rumbles, loud rumbles, and rumbles.
- A quarter of an hour thus passed; then suddenly one of the elephants trumpeted, and a tremendous crashing in the reeds ensued.
- Later, the chorus was taken up by elephants trumpeting as they came down to drink.
- So, along with chemical signals and higher range trumpeting and shrieks, elephants have an extensive range of communication.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.