- 1 1.1 (of tree) tronco (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (torso) tronco (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 (of elephant) trompa (feminine)
- Trees with large trunks and deep anchoring roots represent the ultimate challenge in withstanding oxygen-deprivation in wetland habitats.
- He then sat down with his back to Hunter and Jason and began rooting through the fallen trunk of a tree.
- Many plants have a number of distinct organs: roots, stems or trunks, leaves, fertile parts.
More example sentences
- The somites, now positioned on either side of the neural tube, give rise to the vertebrae and ribs, to the muscles of the trunk and limbs, and also contribute to the dermis of the skin.
- The rash usually starts on the trunk of the body in red bumps.
- They are unlike chickenpox, which develops first on the trunk of the body and is seen in various stages of development.
- The trunk of an Asian elephant is so exquisitely prehensile that it can pick up a dime from a concrete floor.
- The elephants nosed their trunks toward the stream, taking sips with two finger-like appendages.
- The bones belong to an animal in the order Proboscidea - large mammals with trunks - the same order that includes living elephants.
- 2 2.1 (box) baúl (masculine) 2.2 (of car) (American English/inglés norteamericano) maletero (masculine), cajuela (feminine) (Mexico/México) , baúl (masculine) (Col, Ven, RPl) , maleta (feminine) (Chile) , maletera (feminine) (Peru/Perú)More example sentences
More example sentences
- He lifted my luggage out of the trunk and carried it up the stairs, hardly granting me a look as he passed us and went inside.
- Both the rear seat and trunk get decent space, and sliding in and out of the car is considerably easier.
- Right now we don't generate enough to have a car with a very heavy frame, trunk space, glove compartment, cup holders and air conditioning.
- These tiny documents were purchased by a flea market trader in a trunk stored in the attic of a prominent Savannah family during the dispersal of an estate.
- She took her few clothes from her trunk and walked to the wardrobe with them.
- Two trunks with property are stored under the bed, and also two TVs, one on a fold-out desk, the other on a shelf for the top bunk.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.