Translation of truth in Spanish:
noun plural truths Pronunciation: / truːðz /
- 1.1 uncountable (quality, condition)(of account, story)is there any truth in the story?there is some truth in what he says¿hay algo de verdad en esa historia?I doubt the truth of his statementhay parte de verdad en lo que dicehis theory may not be so far from the truthdudo de la veracidad de su declaraciónthe truth is that …puede que su teoría no ande muy desencaminadatell me the truth to tell (you) the truth, I don't knowla verdad es que …truth to tell, I've never been there if (the) truth be known/told, he just isn't interestedsi quieres que te diga la verdad, no lo séthe truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth (British English)la verdad es que no le interesain truth, it must be said that … [formal]la verdad, toda la verdad y nada más que la verdad(the) truth will outhay que reconocer que …las mentiras tienen las patas cortasse pilla antes al mentiroso que al cojoExample sentences1.2 countable (fact) I could tell you a few truths about …
see also → home truthte podría decir unas cuantas verdades acerca de …Example sentences
- Big business acts on a different scale of honesty, morality and truth to we mere mortals.
- It will say that truth and honesty were the basic disciplines of scientists such as Jones.
- My research showed that this stereotype once had some truth but is now no longer true.
- One of the great accepted truths which shapes our existence is the fact that nothing lasts forever.
- You face truths and facts in personal and professional situations to gain clarity.
- We western liberals take it as an article of faith that facts and truths trump everything.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to