Translation of tsar in Spanish:
- 1 (of Russia)Example sentences
- The crowned heads of Europe - kings, emperors, tsars, and kaisers - still entertained each other at regattas, manœuvres, weddings, and funerals.
- When Washington was elected President of the United States in 1789, the Holy Roman Empire still existed, France had a king, Russia had a tsar, China had an emperor and Japan had a shogun - none of which exist today.
- The last czar of Russia, Nicholas II, and his czarina, Alexandra, led a contented family life with four daughters and a son.
- 2 (in government)(persona nombrada para coordinar y aplicar la política gubernamental en energía, control antidroga etc., en una zona determinada)Example sentences
- We've heard about a lot of different czars climate czar, drug czar, now a border czar.
- I think what Jack just said about our schools failing, we need an education czar.
- Indeed, the government now desires a new regulatory agency under a sort of "czar for access."
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.