- 1 (of Russia) zar (m)More example sentences
- The crowned heads of Europe - kings, emperors, tsars, and kaisers - still entertained each other at regattas, manœuvres, weddings, and funerals.
- When Washington was elected President of the United States in 1789, the Holy Roman Empire still existed, France had a king, Russia had a tsar, China had an emperor and Japan had a shogun - none of which exist today.
- The last czar of Russia, Nicholas II, and his czarina, Alexandra, led a contented family life with four daughters and a son.
- 2 (in government)persona nombrada para coordinar y aplicar la política gubernamental en energía, control antidroga etc., en una zona determinadaMore example sentences
- We've heard about a lot of different czars climate czar, drug czar, now a border czar.
- I think what Jack just said about our schools failing, we need an education czar.
- Indeed, the government now desires a new regulatory agency under a sort of "czar for access."
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)