- [Bot] tubérculo (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- By contrast to leaves, potato tubers represent a non-photosynthetic plant tissue that uses a large amount of imported sucrose to synthesize starch as the major carbon store.
- All enzymes tested could be visualized in growing potato tubers or potato stems.
- Plant a few tubers now for new potatoes in August and September.
- A good thing, too, as everyone soon agreed: despite its beautiful flower, the dahlia tuber is not very tasty!
- In mild climates, dahlia tubers can overwinter in the ground; in cold climates, dig and store them in a frost-free place until planting time in spring.
- Vegetative propagation through budding, grafting, tubers, rootstocks and tissue culture are major industries.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.