- [Bot] tubérculo (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- By contrast to leaves, potato tubers represent a non-photosynthetic plant tissue that uses a large amount of imported sucrose to synthesize starch as the major carbon store.
- All enzymes tested could be visualized in growing potato tubers or potato stems.
- Plant a few tubers now for new potatoes in August and September.
- A good thing, too, as everyone soon agreed: despite its beautiful flower, the dahlia tuber is not very tasty!
- In mild climates, dahlia tubers can overwinter in the ground; in cold climates, dig and store them in a frost-free place until planting time in spring.
- Vegetative propagation through budding, grafting, tubers, rootstocks and tissue culture are major industries.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.