- [Botany/Botánica] tubérculo (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- By contrast to leaves, potato tubers represent a non-photosynthetic plant tissue that uses a large amount of imported sucrose to synthesize starch as the major carbon store.
- All enzymes tested could be visualized in growing potato tubers or potato stems.
- Plant a few tubers now for new potatoes in August and September.
- A good thing, too, as everyone soon agreed: despite its beautiful flower, the dahlia tuber is not very tasty!
- In mild climates, dahlia tubers can overwinter in the ground; in cold climates, dig and store them in a frost-free place until planting time in spring.
- Vegetative propagation through budding, grafting, tubers, rootstocks and tissue culture are major industries.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.