- [Botany/Botánica] tubérculo (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- By contrast to leaves, potato tubers represent a non-photosynthetic plant tissue that uses a large amount of imported sucrose to synthesize starch as the major carbon store.
- All enzymes tested could be visualized in growing potato tubers or potato stems.
- Plant a few tubers now for new potatoes in August and September.
- A good thing, too, as everyone soon agreed: despite its beautiful flower, the dahlia tuber is not very tasty!
- In mild climates, dahlia tubers can overwinter in the ground; in cold climates, dig and store them in a frost-free place until planting time in spring.
- Vegetative propagation through budding, grafting, tubers, rootstocks and tissue culture are major industries.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.