Translation of tunic in Spanish:
- 1 (of military uniform)Example sentences
- All school aged children from both public and private schools are required to wear a uniform, usually a tunic with a white blouse wore underneath.
- The 45-strong squad is to begin fund-raising soon to enable them either to make or buy their own glittering tunics and uniforms.
- In the Franco-Prussian war there were three regiments, which fought fiercely at Wissembourg and Wörth, in their distinctive short light-blue tunics.
- 2 (in ancient Rome)Example sentences
- This garment was a wool or linen tunic reaching the knee, with baggy, elbow length sleeves and side slits up to the waist to allow free movement.
- Over the tunic he wore a scapula, a long tunic with wide, three-quarter length sleeves, usually of a darker undyed wool.
- Some had old clothing, from ancient togas and tunics to overalls and denim.
- 3 (women's blouse, jacket)Example sentences
- She has the same fashion sense as her mother, always wearing trousers and a loose tunic instead of a gown.
- The school already allowed girls to wear a headscarf with the shalwar kameez - loose trousers and tunic approved by local Muslim leaders.
- He was in the matching tunic and trousers dressmaker Sarah had designed to match the gown of his bride.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.